PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong??

noname
11-11-2002, 04:12 PM
I posted this as a separate topic, but here is relevant too.

I did a custom install on RedHat 8.0 (this system is only used for browsing and ShowEQ), and installed everything minus server stuff, like Apache.
The net instructions say that ShowEQ installs without a hitch. RedHate 8.0 installs with QT 3.0.5. The install.newbies file says there is problems with QT 3.0.5. Which is correct?? Should I install QT 2.3.2 eventhough it IS compiled with GCC 3.2??
I did have this properly configured under RedHat 7.2, but had to upgrade.

I have tried the ./configure --without-qt-validation and it still upchucks to the "Something Wicked" happened.

This is getting fairly frustrating since everyone just says RTFM, well which FM should I believe?? Someone just say it straight out please: Does ShowEQ install straight out of the box on RedHat 8.0 even using QT 3.0.5??

noname worth mentioning

steppuppy
11-11-2002, 05:11 PM
Straight install worked for me following instructions here

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/seq/showeq/INSTALL.newbies?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

for redhat 8 all packages installed.

oh skip the step that says rename gcc and g++ though. the versions installed with redhat 8 are just named gcc and g++ and are version 3.2.

Hitman
11-11-2002, 07:39 PM
What I've found:

SEQ compiles and runs just fine with QT 3.0.5. However, it runs much better with QT 2.3.2. I don't know the ins and outs of everything, but I get strange font anomolies with 3.0.5 and flaky framerates. SEQ is coded with 2.3.2 libraries in mind. I have both versions of QT installed on my machine (/usr/qt/3 is QT3.0.5, /usr/qt/2 is QT2.3.2). Just have to remember to change the QTDIR env variable to reflect the one I want to use for whatever I'm compiling at the time.

Summary: Both work. 2.3.2 is better.