PDA

View Full Version : possible stupid question =D

h0bbit
11-14-2002, 03:26 PM
I personally dont use any sniffer as of yet because of my own paranoia and lack of programming skills to made modifications for me to feel comfortable in doing so, however have a general question regarding what information is sent/received to the servers.

I still use SEQ to give me a map, and show unknown spawns as this is still helpful to me. Then I got to thinking, what information is sent / received if any when a tracker class uses the tracking skill?

Is this all done in the client , and uses the decoded information to give locations to mobs?

Is there any information sent to the server when this skill is used that could be sniffed by SEQ, to give partial information (Mob name, con color, location)?

I'm guessing not, but still a thought, and could be helpful for those that are in the same boat as me.

Thanks in advance!

gothopie
11-14-2002, 07:41 PM
not certain, but I'm pretty sure the tracking skill would need to use the key to decode the information already being sent to the client to show the list of spawn names/color/direction, like the rest of the client does to show it on your main display, seems to me it would take alot of extra, un-needed effort on sonys end to send tracking info differently than the rest of the information
again though, I'm FAR from an expert, just my take on things :)