PDA

View Full Version : Static Spawn Map

fizzlemaster
11-14-2002, 11:31 PM
I had an idea of how those of us runing the keysniffer can make the GPS setup better for others, A Static spawn map, I've noticed in some zones monster type stays the same at static spawns and lev only ranges a little, if Showeq can create of Spawn map that can then be loaded later, showing a "Monster mostlikely here" type dot, or a "Monster Trap type X" here, makeing the GPS much more useable for the average user, I've also though that tracking monster run speed could be a tell of monster type, when in GPS mode I've used this to find Hill giants, they seem to have a faster walk speed then smaller monsters etc

How would this work? My idea is you target a spawn and showeq will watch the movement packets makeing a average move speed then tag any other monsters with the same average move speed yea I know this may be alot of overhead, but it's not like the GPS mode is doing alot anyway

I say if GPS is all some users will have we need to mine the data we are getting better,
Spawn points are already setup but they dont really work as they should for helping a GPS mode user get across a zone, or to a camp of static Orc warrior spawns etc or help you advoid that dam mushroom trap spawn when pulling etc

Just a fizzley idea from the fizzlemaster
(Your spell fizzles*