PDA

View Full Version : QT error during install

sldemon
11-15-2002, 01:35 PM
Hello,

Ok, when I am setting up ShowEQ i run into this problem,

error: Something wicked happened while trying to validate your Qt installation!!! Please verify your libraries

I get this error after typing in :

CC=gcc3 CXX=g++3 QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3 ./configureCC=gcc3

If anyone can offer me a suggestion on how to fix this, perhaps with what to type into the command line, I would appreciate it.
I am still new to linux so I don't have it all figured out yet.

Thanks
SL DeMoN

shadowcat
11-15-2002, 01:41 PM
You may want to search this forum for the "Something wicked" problem you're having. It's been posted a few time.

Many people on these forums will tell you that Search is your friend ... it's also a flame-retardent.

Good luck!

Hitman
11-15-2002, 01:53 PM
The usual solution:

Get the QT 2.3.2 source ( ftp://ftp.silug.org/pub/qt/source/qt-x11-2.3.2.tar.gz ) from http://www.trolltech.com. You can also use QT3.0.x, but SEQ was developed with 2.3.2 in mind and seems to work better with it. Compile it with the same compiler that you will compile SEQ with. You might want to compile it into /usr/lib/qt2 so you can still have access to your current version of qt3.

Then compile SEQ as you were replacing qt3 with qt2.

flipper
11-15-2002, 02:27 PM
Your QT libs may not have been configured properly when they were compiled. Either download the 2.3.2 version as recommended above or grab qt-3.0.6 (this works for me). There are other posts about compiling QT properly in here somewhere (hint: ./configure -thread)