PDA

View Full Version : Exp question (another)

puppet
11-15-2002, 10:29 PM
I have done a search and read the returns but I still have a question on the experience window.

I am hunting in PoN and the "Experience Gained" for killing one MOB is pretty consistent at 378995 (grouped with 2 others) I have tried to track it and it normally takes 5 kills to advance 1%. Sometimes I see a zero in this column and when I do it almost always takes more than 5 kills then.

Also the frequency of zero exp is random. I have gotten zero exp 3 times in a row before and then I have gotten nine kills in a row with constant 378995. This is a cut of my last exp window

When I zone I do not receive any positive adjustments to EXP. This is not a huge deal since I cant change it anyhow but I would like to know if I am really missing EXP on some kills or just a limitation of the way EQ reports it.

Ratt
11-15-2002, 11:09 PM
Post 60 experience is vastly different than it use to be. I believe the entire experience system *may* have been revamped with PoP, but haven't had the wherewithal to check it out.

But I do know Post 60 exp is NOT like pre-60 was, the numbers are hugely different.

Basically, all SEQ exp routines are suspect.

nok
11-15-2002, 11:57 PM
As I'm sure you read in your search, eq doesnt send a packet for how much experience you gain from each kill. It sends a number between 0 and 330 that tells the client where to put the exp bar. When you zone there is a packet that contains your total experience. People extrapolated the experience required per level from this and then divided that by 330. When you kill a mob that doesnt give enough experience to advance the bar by at least 1/330 then it shows 0 experience gain in the experience window.

I'm not 60 yet so i do not know about the different experience then, but that does not effect the 0's that you see. On the other hand, the times when it reports that you DO receive experience may very well be inaccurate.

So, finally, to answer your question - you receive experience, showeq (and the eq client itself) just aren't told about it.

puppet
11-16-2002, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the info guys. I am not 60 yet but I would guess the change you mention is based on PoP vs level 60+

Nok

I read Casey post concerning the 0\330 and it was very informative but I thought he was talking about exp bar position vs real exp numbers since he said the highest number you could get would be 330 and I was getting 378995.

Also since the exp I was seeing in the experience window was always either 378995 or 0 I did not see how this could be possible. How could it increment at least 1/330 5 time’s straight (5 kills) then fail to increment at least once (zero exp) in 2 kills. The amount of EXP in PoN looks to be constant unlike other zones where you have a wide range of MoB levels. I am guessing at the levels of the MoBs since I am only running GPS.

Anyway, thank you all for your time with this post and for SEQ. The only complaint I would have it that I play a SK and I when I parse fights I see how much I actually miss (a pretty constant 46%) before I could tell myself that it just seems like I miss allot, now I have proof.

/sarcasm off

**edit double post**