PDA

View Full Version : Key Sniffing, the FINAL solution?

Scorpius
11-16-2002, 09:54 AM
Just a quick question, is using a key sniffer the final solution? In other words, unless you learn how to use one your showEQ days are over? Please advise.

Scorpius

Amadeus
11-16-2002, 10:54 AM
I thought this had been made fairly clear.

I suppose there's always a possibility of something happening at somepoint, but the easy answer is that you will need to use the 'sniffer' type utilities from this point forward to get full functionality.

Scorpius
11-16-2002, 12:39 PM
Sorry about that, I have been diligent in reading the posts, must have missed the one that clearly stated that key sniffing is the ONLY solution. I mean, I realize that at this point key sniffing is the only solution currently, I guess what I ment is, is the development team CURRENTLY working on resolving the problem so that key sniffers are not needed. I guess the initinal answer is no. Sincere apologies for being redundant.

Scorpius

Amadeus
11-16-2002, 09:17 PM
There's always a possibility..... But, I don't think anyone expects it or else SEQ wouldn't have gone the 'key sniffer' route in the first place.

Moreover, that possibility would be most likely predicated upon Sony removing the encryption/compression it's doing now, which is highly unlikely.

So, and anyone with more knowledge please correct me, as far as I know it's key sniffer or ShowEQ without decryption.