PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Observations

jeffc02
11-16-2002, 10:57 AM
Deciding not to attempt to key sniff, I am still using GPS as it stood before D-Day. v.2.3.2 redhat 7.3
At different points during gameplay, I have noticed that SEQ still wants to decode somethings.
- still recognizes my lvl and some stats
- occassionally will show purple blocks targetting PCs, (making it fairly easy to see a train coming to camp
- "unknowns corpses" are blue 'X's
- Drops or npc corpses are Yellow 'X's
- Targetting "aWurm" will sometimes show multiple targets in red blocks, being other "aWurm"s
- occassionally will show equiptment when scanning over their appropriate white dot, such as "shmEpic" or "UTDrop250"
- timer os last spawn time will register a correct Zulu time such as "last spawn time 20:01" but "time left to spawn 00:00 or Unknown"

Probably a few others I have noticed but does this mean it is still very close to decoding, but it just cant get there?
If yes, then would it seem there still has to be a way of decoding thru Linux box without key sniffer after all?
It just seems soo close to wanting to run 100% that I cant see how it could'nt be fixxed thru Linux.

Out

high_jeeves
11-16-2002, 11:18 AM
No, it is just handling all of the information that is not encypted. Only a VERY small amount of information is encrypted. The ZoneSpawns, NewSpawn, and PlayerProfile packets. You are just seeing ShowEQ work with all of the information it has in the other packets.

Also, please search, all of these brilliant observations have been posted about numerous times in the last few weeks (and years...).

--Jeeves

Cryonic
11-16-2002, 11:18 AM
not ALL of the packets are encrypted. What you are seeing is SEQ being able to interpret the unencrypted packets.