View Full Version : Plz I am dying for some help here.

lightningjack69
11-20-2002, 07:39 AM
I have posted here before asking for some help. I am still having the same problem as before, I just kinda forgot about it.

Here is my problem.

Ok this is my current path at which I can get to.....

By judging from this data and reading faqs I can see that I am getting packets of info I just can't get any graphic representation to load up on the maps or anything else for that matter but I am getting packet info...

Here is what the termial window displays when I load up show eq

Using config file `/usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml`
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/seqdef.xml!
Loaded preferences file: /usr/local/share/showeq/showeq.xml!

OpCode monitoring COULD NOT BE ENABLED!
>> Please check your ShowEQ.xml file for the list entry under [OpCodeMonitoring]

Listening for client: 192.168.1.100
Initializing Packet Capture Thread:
Filtering packets on device eth0, IP host 192.168.1.100
Loading filters from `/usr/local/share/showeq/filters.conf`
Loading Filter File: /urs/local/share/showeq/filters_unknown.conf
GuildMgr: WARNING - could not load guildsfile, /usr/local/share/showeq/guilds2.dat

Categories Reloaded
Error opening map file `/usr/local/share/showeq/unknown.map`!
Opcode Logging Mask: 0 0 0

EQPacket: SEQStart detected, pcap filter: EQ Client 192.168.1.100, Client port 1099
EQPacket: SEQClosing detected, awaiting next zone session, pcap filter: EQ client 192.168.1.100
EQPacket: SEQStart detected, pcap filter: EQ Client 192.168.1.100, Client port 1107

Now judging from this data I can tell on my other pc that I am getting data when I zone etc... I just can't get anything to show up on maps or xp or hits etc...

This is the way I currently have my network setup....

On the Showeq box it currently has 2 NIC cards one is 10/100 and the other is 10baseT

Internet traffic comes on the 10baseT card...

Showeq monitors on the 10/100 card.
I have a Linksys 4 port router/switch and a ACER 8 port hub.

I have the cable modem cord plugged into the WAN port on the router and have a crossover cable coming out of the Uplink port on the router going into the hub.
I have the client computers including the computer that runs SHOWEQ and the Windows Xp box that runs EQ plugged into the ACER hub.

I can see traffic when I go into and view packets.... Down at the bottom of the main show eq window were it displays
Zone, Pkt, and EQTime

I can see the following from my last session of eq as I will display

Zone: Unknown Pkt:4735 (4.7) EQTime: [02:08pm]

If anyone can plz help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

Hopefully I can get more of a response this time.
If anyone can give me a detailed set of instructions this would be greatly appreciated.
thx

Hobo
11-20-2002, 09:11 AM
Not sure if this will help or not but here is the standard hardware setup...

DSL (or cable) line goes into the DSL modem (or cable modem).

Cat 5 line comes out of the DSL modem and into the router.

Cat 5 line comes out of the router (using any one of the regular output ports NOT the uplink port) and goes into the hub.

Cat 5 line from PC goes into hub

Cat 5 line from SEQ box goes into hub

Set SEQ box to sniff the IP of the PC box. (192.168.XXX.XXX)

Then get a sniffer utility and set it up per it's instructions to get the decode to work.

Cryonic
11-20-2002, 10:35 AM
The problem isn't your network setup, it is with the fact that the encryption got changed in EQ and now SEQ can't auto find the key anymore to decrypt the data. As for no mobs showing up when you zone, well, SEQ by default won't show unknown spawns.