PDA

View Full Version : Decoding Acting Wierd

krimzon
11-21-2002, 11:59 AM
When I run SEQ the map shows up.
But the dots for people and mobs do not. What does show up looks like this...

NAME Lvl Dist Race

?/?|E?N?w+(?,?(A0E0)E]T 232 43287 30227

It goes on and on.
I show up, and my character information decodes correctly. As well as the spells I cast, etc...

Anyone have the same problem? And if so, how do I fix it. I recompiled, and am running SEQ 4.3.3.

Thank you.

Cryonic
11-21-2002, 12:34 PM
Do you have a key sniffer on your EQ machine to get the decryption key?

krimzon
11-21-2002, 03:52 PM
I'm not sure I follow along. You mean something to show me what the opcodes are?

I never had a KEY SNIFFER prior to POP release.

Gjeret
11-21-2002, 04:09 PM
*braces for the Flames*

Um, ok...

With POP, SOE has broke decryption to the point that currently we need a Key Sniffer to get anything other than GPS working...

Go into the ShowEQ Key Sniffer Utilities Forums and Read Ratt's Great posts on the Future of SEQ.

-> From the FRONT page of SEQ.sourceforge.net
/snip

"Cry 'havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war!" 31 October 2002, Halloween.
And lo, Verant cried when the hounds, ten thousand Windows users, decended upon them, leaving the lands barren.
Verant cried, when they realized they had no one to blame but themselves.

snip\

Ok, In short you'll have to
a) download the new SEQ
b) download the new LibEQ
c) get/compile Sniffer code to run on your Windows Box

-Gj-

LordCrush
11-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Gjeret you are a very nice and helpfull person ! (no ironic or sarcastic thought !!!!)

:) :) :) :) :)

no other comment ... :p

/em points to the 3rd line of his sig, krimzon

moac
11-27-2002, 01:27 PM
any idea if this matter will be sorted out anytime soon ? or maybe i should say, can it be sorted out at all ?

Cryonic
11-27-2002, 01:35 PM
The problem is a lack of a keysniffer to get the key to decrypt the data.

krimzon
11-27-2002, 09:29 PM
Where can I get a good idea, or some instructions on setting up this keysniffer? My SEQ box is all ready to go, I guess I'm just lacking this new part.

Dedpoet
11-27-2002, 09:46 PM
You could start in the "ShowEQ Key Sniffer Utilities" forum. That might have something about key sniffers...for ShowEQ.

Seriously though, check it out, there are several working applications in there.

krimzon
11-27-2002, 10:52 PM
Thanks mate.
Last time I looked in that forum, it seemed to me that I had to figure out how to compile the sniffer myself.

I shall take another look.

lildr00d
11-28-2002, 01:25 PM
Last time I looked in that forum, it seemed to me that I had to figure out how to compile the sniffer myself.

Trust me on this you want to complie the sniffer yourself. Always read thru the code and see what it does. Just remember what you dont know can and will bite you in the ass.

So if you know what the code does or better yet design one yourself with the help of those posted.

Always remember the following

From Ratt:

Read this BEFORE using any key sniffers
This post will be modified as time goes on and will eventually evolve into a FAQ.

The ShowEQ developers do not support or endorse any given key sniffer utility. The sniffer utilities your find here are used at YOUR OWN RISK. Any problems resulting from using these key sniffers found here and not the responsibility of the ShowEQ developers or anyone else. It is YOUR responsibility to review the code or place your trust in someone that is capable of reviewing the code.

There are several things you MUST be aware of before you use any program found on this forum:

1. There is NO 100% safe key sniffer. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada. IT DOESN'T and it will NEVER exist. The programmers at Verant/SOE, for all their faults, are not stupid. They are very competent and intelligent programmers. Just as we can "undo" anything they do to find key sniffers, they can "undo" anything we do to try and protect the key sniffer from being detected. There's no telling when code will go into the EQ program to allow detection of new key sniffers, nor is there any way to tell when that code will become active.

2. Do NOT use pre-compiled binaries that have no source code available for review. In fact, do NOT use pre-compiled binaries at all. Compile them yourself from the source code, AFTER you review it.

3. Do NOT post a link or an attachment. Post the SOURCE code and let others compile it. Generally speaking, any links to pre-compiled binaries will be deleted and/or edited, depending on the situation. Any links to pre-compiled binaries left by the moderators is NOT an endorsement of any given key sniffer. Especially if it's a newer post, the moderators may not have seen it yet.

4. Using any key sniffer on this forum will likely get you banned eventually. The "safest" solution is to write your own and not distribute it. However, we realize this is impractical for the vast majority of you. Hence the existance of this forum.

I will add to this post as time goes on. Please READ everything in this post 3 or 4 times before embarking upon your key sniffing adventures.

LordCrush
11-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Its amazing - you can compile SEQ on linux but if it comes to windows you prefer completed food :p

Whats different on compling for Linux or compiling for windows ?

krimzon
11-28-2002, 11:14 PM
I suppose your right. But compiling something on a nix box is something I am much more comfortable with. Since Winblows is all set and ready to go for you, I have no experience with anything used to compile code.

I know VB, and that is about it.