PDA

View Full Version : Problems after upgrade

arantius
11-21-2002, 10:22 PM
I'm a bit of a computer hobbyist, to begin with, no beginner. That being said, I upgraded the hard drive in my linux box yesterday, and decided to move to RedHat 8 instead of 7.1 I was previously running as this was an opportune time.

Long story short, I got RH8 up and running and overall I like it (though a few things need tweaking and all) but SEQ doesn't work right anymore. Let's first say I've tested it without any kind of keygrabber and it exhibits this behavior.

Whenever I zone into any old world or kunark zone (or at least, of all those I have tested they have all been old world or kunark), SEQ hangs, almost always before the map finishes syncing and places my player view on the map as well as centering it. Once though, in Qeynos, I moved for four steps before it hung. When I have watched the console output, it seems to slow terribly just before it prints out the first "hp changed" line, then is totally unresponsive, including not re-painting any area another window covers up, and I have to drop to a terminal to kill it.

This is only happening, as I said, in old world and kunark zones. I did not have any errors installing SEQ and I'm rather confident I did things correctly installing it. Is RH8 somehow to blame (used QT, libpcap et al that came with it), or something else? I know about the "strange pc" bug where there's a strangely named pc usually at 0,0, could that be related in any way?

And is anyone else seeing behavior like this? In that case it is certainly not a problem with something I did :)

Cryonic
11-21-2002, 11:06 PM
As has been suggested many times, try compiling QT 2.3.2 and recompile SEQ with that version rather than any of the 3.0.x QT versions. Also, when SEQ appears to hang, have top running in another console window to see what is going on.