PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys.

PauloOfTunare
11-22-2002, 08:46 AM
Deleted.

I goofed up bigtime. This isn't the pokemon forum.

high_jeeves
11-22-2002, 09:06 AM
Um... if you char name is Paulo, and you are on the Tunare server, you will need to consider changing your name to Paulo of Banned Land.

--Jeeves

Fletch
11-22-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by high_jeeves
Um... if you char name is Paulo, and you are on the Tunare server, you will need to consider changing your name to Paulo of Banned Land.

--Jeeves
ROLF

Tyro
11-22-2002, 09:56 AM
http://www.guildmagic.com/character.cfm?ID=227

Also of interest ...

http://www.guildmagic.com/guild_characters.cfm?ID=8109
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=6350
http://www.tunareguildalliance.org/guilds/vs.html
http://www.tunare.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=30538

/bye lvl 61 pally. better transfer all your tradeable items soon.

HJ's tagline is strangely appropriate ...

Tyro
11-22-2002, 10:24 AM
Interesting ...

http://www.angler-info.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=3dde56cd112bffff;act=ST;f=1;t=145; st=0

high_jeeves
11-22-2002, 10:28 AM
LOL.. if its not him, then I hope Ratt sends the IP address of the poster to Verant... we dont need these kinds of people either here, or in EQ in general.

--Jeeves

gawker
11-22-2002, 11:05 AM
There are those that would assume another identity when posting in these forums. I assume idiocy, but there could be dark treachery invloved.

PauloOfTunare
11-22-2002, 11:07 AM
I goofed bigtime.

Hobo
11-22-2002, 12:23 PM
This is cold hearted. If this poor bastard posted with his real name/server then yeah, he's an idiot to have done that. But to take the time to start search out and post links and such...sheesh, give the kid a break. It's not like you've never done anything stupid in your lifetime.

PauloOfTunare
11-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Please delete this thread. I really messed up.

I thought this was a different forum.

BlueAdept
11-22-2002, 12:45 PM
I feel sorry that your char might be banned now cause you posted your info here. You should have thought a little about it.

I personally used a character from Piers Anthony triliogy. None of my chars on any server have anything relating to it.

Ratt
11-22-2002, 12:51 PM
PauloOfTunare, send me a PM with the exact email message you sent me and tell me what email address it came from. Depending on what you send me will decide whether I post your IP address, or delete the thread...

Answering wrong can turn out very bad for you, regardless of whether you are the real Paulo of Tunare or not.

Hobo
11-22-2002, 01:12 PM
Wow...and the plot thickens. Will it be deleted or will an ip be posted? Tune in tomorrow...Same Ratt time....Same Ratt channel. :)

Tyro
11-22-2002, 01:13 PM
Sorry. I was kinda interested if it really was a character. I posted on his boards so he would see this and could take appropriate action. What do I get in return? He bans my account and ip from his boards and deletes the post...
If I didn't look it up, he wouldn't even have the option to delete the post at this point if it is him. Even if it's not ...

So much for trying to help. :( blah

puppet
11-22-2002, 01:22 PM
Any chance you could post his original message, I am curious. Of course with edits to anything "personal"

Puppet (Not the real puppet of Banned land)

Tyro
11-22-2002, 02:25 PM
Was just a post Thanking the devs, but his board name and sig has his char and server name in it.

puppet
11-22-2002, 02:52 PM
From reading (incorrectly) between the lines of High_jeeves and Ratt, I was thinking he posted a flame originally and was now begging to have the people he just flamed help him.

"LOL.. if its not him, then I hope Ratt sends the IP address of the poster to Verant... we dont need these kinds of people either here, or in EQ in general."

"Answering wrong can turn out very bad for you, regardless of whether you are the real Paulo of Tunare or not."

It did not make a ton of sense because he would not be banned for posting a flame here so that I why I was interested in his original post. Anyhow, thanks for the reply

Paulo
11-22-2002, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

This will be my first and last time posting here. I wish the members of this community no ill will, but I have not been a part of this and never will be.

The person who posted here pretending to be me is in fact not me. I am Paulo, I sent Ratt an e-mail after I learned of this post from Tyro (since then I have received a number of e-mails from friends who were concerned). I requested that this post be removed, although at this point I'd be perfectly happy to find out the IP address of this individual myself.

I don't know who I could have upset enough that they would want to get my account banned from EQ.

I feel that I needed to stop and defend myself, against my better judgement, as I believe that after the individual cannot reproduce the e-mail I sent to Ratt it will be obvious enough that he is in fact not me.

Tyro, btw, sorry about the banning on the Valiant Spirit boards, I'm not admin for my guild boards. Our board admin thought you were just stirring up trouble...I e-mailed him and informed him of the situation. Rest assured I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
Paulo Al'Deln

gawker
11-22-2002, 03:08 PM
Aha... Dark treachary!!! Will the truth ever be revealed?

high_jeeves
11-22-2002, 03:14 PM
My post was related to the thread on the VS boards, where the real Paulo said it wasnt him, and that somebody was trying to frame him.. I was suggesting to Ratt that he post the IP addr of the person trying to do the framing... that kind of crap is just childish, and it would suck for something negative to happen to the real guy, just because some child tried to get him in trouble.

--Jeeves

Ratt
11-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Given the various methods of verification, I'm pretty convinced that the person posting as PauloOfTunare is not, in fact, the real Paulo.

Here's the IP of the nutrag who tried to frame him:

Now... everyone, ATTACK!

Contact his ISP as well, I'll back up any complaints with documentation and cooperation for his ISP to get him booted off the network.

Post what you uncover and accomplish here if you want :)

troll
11-22-2002, 06:24 PM
<ip address/hostname>
Host unreachable

<net block>
199.72.137.160 - 199.72.137.167

<owner>
Eastern Aluminum Supply
311 North Oak Forest Road Goldsboro NC 27532
United States

<technical contact>
Interpath Communications, Inc.
+1-800-890-6305
[email protected]

<additional data>
INTERPATH-292
Created: 1998-08-29
Updated: 1998-08-29
Source: whois.arin.net

==================================================

http://www.eastalum.com/contact.htm

Projenoski
11-23-2002, 03:13 AM
Man, you'd think anyone with two neurons to rub together would be smart enough not to try and frame someone on a forum where:

a) Your IP is easily attainable.

b) Many of the people who read/post are accomplished in programming/networks

c) For the vast majority of the people who read/post, keeping numbnuts like this from polluting the EQ/internet experience is an issue of interest.

So lets all bow our heads in a moment of mirth as the idiot who sought to do the framing in the first place gets his just deserts.

/me lowers his head and snickers:D

Tyro
11-23-2002, 05:13 AM
PauloOfTunare
Blackburrow Gnoll

Thanks Guys.
I just wanted to say thanks to all the developers. I'm a lurker and never post, but appreciate all you guys/gals do.

These latest key-sniffers are excellent.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-22-2002 02:46 PM

gnome01
11-23-2002, 07:43 AM
It also wouldn't be hard for him, if he was the original poster to go somewhere else make a new name and post that it wasn't him when it was /shrug

high_jeeves
11-23-2002, 11:12 AM
Yes, but would he tell Ratt in a PM that it wasnt him, knowing that his IP addr was going to get exposed? Not unless he was a total moron.

--Jeeves

ladybat
11-24-2002, 05:58 AM
I have to agree with gnome on that one....

and it's not really any big deal if the guys ip was exposed or not..true he would be fairly stupid..but lets face it not much will come of it.

Projenoski
11-24-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by high_jeeves
Yes, but would he tell Ratt in a PM that it wasnt him, knowing that his IP addr was going to get exposed? Not unless he was a total moron.

I don't think anyone here would argue that the original poster (be it someone posing as Paulo, or Paulo himself making a big mistake) was anything less than a total moron. :p