PDA

View Full Version : Mob Sorting

Scotty
11-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Hello, I know I haven't posted here a lot, but I'm a long time user and broswer. There has been one thing that I've been dying to ask for a long long time and since with the latest changes in Showeq it's been rethought of.

I've play a Ranger and before I used this great program I used to track a lot more. What I'm bringing up isn't that big of a deal but I was just curious, I know on showeq you can sort the mobs from the spawn time. When you first zone in everything is basically given the exact same spawn time of the time of you zoning in and decoding it. This is great because once I'm in a zone I usually sort by spawn time so I can see what's spawning. As a Ranger with track you can do the same thing as well, where the newest spawns will appear at the top of the list. But what this also does is organize what you see on track that was already up in the zone in order of when it did actually spawn in the game. You can tell this easially by mobs that are not ment to be killed when you first enter a zone they're clumped together at the top of the list, but once you move down the list you will see what mobs have been killed and in what order they have spawned. This is great for entering a zone to see if mob's you're after spawned on Server reset or spawned after server reset or what mobs have not been touched after the server reset.

My question is that there must be some way that Verant is sending this data so that I can see this and the EQ client then parses it for me and puts it in order. I'm not to code literate at all and I do not know of hardly any of the information each packet the EQ servers send us, but it would probably have to send a timestamp with each mob, a number with each mob, or possibly it just sends it automatically in order of what spawned first to what spawned last.

Would this be helpful to anyone if there was a way to organize the mobs in this fashion once in a while or was it known that this is the way Verant sends mob information. Just curious on what others opinion on this would be or if you understood what I was saying :P

Thanks

high_jeeves
11-26-2002, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty sure that spawn time is not sent.. rather, spawnID is sent, which is a "reasonable" indicator of relative spawn time. Each spawn is given the next ID in the sequence, so, a higher spawnId indicates a later spawn time.

Closest you could get would be to include the spawnId in the spawnlist, and allow sorting on it.

--Jeeves

permafrost
12-03-2002, 11:03 AM
I'm curious to see if the SpawnID is what the Ranger's track window is sorted by. If we could sort the SEQ Spawn list by SpawnID then the Ranger could compare it to his Track window sorted by time.

If they don't line up, we can use that information to further decode the packets that are being sent.

permafrost