PDA

View Full Version : Segmentation Fault Info Please

Mule
11-27-2002, 12:32 AM
I have noticed that there are quite a few getting Segmentation Faults compiling Qt and Seq. I myself personally am having a Hell of a time.. I have noticed there are a few other posts regarding this.. If anyone has any ideas.. Would be greatly appreciated.. I have done 3 formats and re/re of RH 8 and followed instructions to a tee. Can no longer get it working now...

Thanks

datadog
11-27-2002, 01:03 AM
Well, if you are running RH 8 .. i believe it comes with QT 3.05 or something..

I just went through this exercise.

You need to download and compile QT 2.3.2. The procedures for this can be found in 'INSTALL.newbies'. Only one note about whats in that doc. Follow the instructions about typing 'gcc' and pressing tab twice 'to the letter'.. make sure you know what version of gcc you have, then if necessary, edit the file as the doc explains before you try to 'make' qt...

Once you get done compiling QT.. you just need to 'export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/' or whatever directory you comilied it in.

Once you do that.. just build showeq following the basic build docs... found in hundreds of threads on this site...

Cryonic
11-27-2002, 11:30 AM
If you are experiencing segfaults while compiling SEQ or QT, then you might want to look at your hardware. That is the behavior of failing RAM.

Is the system overclocked? Running too hot? etc...