PDA

View Full Version : Notes and thanks from a successful newbie

RogueRacer
12-04-2002, 09:49 AM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to post a quick thanks to the posters here and the people who spend time coding SEQ. I have learned a lot that has nothing to do with EQ just from reading through these boards. After a lot of time lurking on this board and the old hackersquest board, I finally decided to try to get SEQ running.

I used the following:

- Mandrake 9 look at Codepig's thread (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1990), there is also another thread on Mandrake 8.x

- QT 3.0.5 again, see Codepig's thread

- Latest SEQ source and libEQ.a

- Siemens Speedstream 5-port 10Base-T Hub, model SS2005

Those who keep asking about a working hub, look no further. My local Office Depot had these in stock. Buy one, plug it in, end of story.

I'm not a Linux expert. This was my first Linux install, although I have used the OS. I'm not a networking expert, but I am familiar with networking concepts and terms. I am a programmer (Windows), so that is a plus. I just took my time with this. There was no hurry. One night was spent downloading the Linux ISO's and burning CDs. Another downloading and compiling QT. Last night I finally downloaded and compiled SEQ. I fired it up and the next thing I knew, I had a working EQ GPS. I'll probably go for the skittles after the dust settles from the latest patch.

To those who are having problems, read the posts carefully and take your time. To those who contribute, thank you!