PDA

View Full Version : Drops causing SEQ crash

Alwayslost
12-06-2002, 10:16 AM
I won an item last night, when I looted it it crashed SEQ... I was able to play any other toon on the account and when I went back to the toon with the item it crashed as soon and the zone finished loading...

Made no difference if the item was in my inventory or bank... still crashed. At some point I may say what the item was... but for now all I'll say is that it CAN happen... because as soon as I destroyed the item SEQ worked perfectly again afterwards......

If the stream is not being decoded SEQ does not crash. Even with the gear. I tested this also.

So someone that looted one of those items a week or 5 back, could have been using SEQ for GPS with no difficulty, then tossed in v2 sniffer and to them it would appear that v2 crashed SEQ.

I do not recall the SPECIFIC error but it was always a "write error" and it would appear to be working up until the character actually entered the zone on the EQ Box.

SEQ would load the zone, load the map, and show the colored deecode. Then as the EQ box spawned the toon in the zone, SEQ would error out and crash.

arantius
12-08-2002, 01:27 PM
This is much more likely (based on you saying it's a write error) a general file system problem, be it write permissions, or space, or some such.

It's trying to add the "new" (to Seq) item to it's database and cannot. Check your permissions on itemdata.dbm (in /usr/local/share/showeq/ on my system) and free space on that volume, etc.

Alwayslost
12-09-2002, 10:30 AM
Actually you are right..

Turns out, at some point I had turned on the logging and filled up my hard drive.....

Doh!!

Is all fixed now... I discovered it when I was having problems with editing filters.

Thanks!

The Sage
12-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Slightly unrelated but kinda on the same subject. This is on the question of going LD. I don't know if something like this has already been posted if it has ignore the post because I inted to find out in a moment.

Seems like SEQ doesn't like it when your EQ machine goes LD. SEQ won't do a dayumn thing when you come back from the land of LD, you have to completely restart SEQ. A slight annoyance...definately not a big deal but....
*shrug*

fee
12-17-2002, 07:45 PM
The LD issue is a known and probably permanent feature of using Session Tracking. A complete restart of showeq is not required to get things moving again. When you LD you'll need to click Network->Monitor [next client| ip address] to reset the packet filter.

fee

The Sage
12-17-2002, 07:54 PM
Well I am just a damned idiot. =\

Forgot I had turned that on a few weeks ago when I needed to dual EQW on the same machine for a bit. hehehehe...SEQ doesn't like 2 EQ sessions from the same computer at the same time =). Friend of mine turned me onto the session locking bit. Anyway, thanks. Gonna have to let him know too cause he has been having same problem. Just finished searching for another answer. *shrug*

Oh well, danke fee