PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request(s): Combat window upgrades

Alwayslost
12-06-2002, 10:27 AM
There are about half a dozen things I'd like to request, but I'll try to narrow it dow to a few.

Main Combat window:

Currently lists the mob number and sorts them sequentially.

1) Would LOVE a reset or Clear button for this screen
2) Would like to see the "names" of mobs
3) Would like to have the ability to sort this list by :
Name
Spawn time
Engage time (or even the current engaged mob on top)
4) Would like to see DPS listed when mob dies.

Mob combat window:

1) Would LOVE a reset or Clear button for this screen

UnGod
12-17-2002, 02:43 AM
Submitted a patch for some of the above mentioned requests since I have wanted them myself and figured it was about damn time I submitted a patch :)

UnGod

Alwayslost
12-17-2002, 10:38 AM
AWESOME!!!!

Thanks!!!

UnGod
12-21-2002, 12:28 AM
If anyone out there is actually using the patch I submitted earlier to address these issues as above.
I mistakenly allowed a stupidly simple thing to slip past me, and you may have noticed seq will segfault quite a bit if your using that patch.
A new patch has been submitted that fixes thoes errors.
(The new patch is the entire thing not just a fix to the problems, so apply it on a clean, unpatched version of the source)

I still have yet to find anything on the note of the killing blow not being shown in statistics, if there are any Devs reading this that might have any idea. Feel free to mail me, I'd like to get that nailed down. Nothing like getting that uber 400dmg crit that you so want to have registered in statistics as your max hit.. but have it be the killing shot ;) It's very dissapointing, really!

Happy Holidays and the like
Especially to all the statwhores out there like myself ;)

UnGod/Belith

root
12-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Oh, btw, I totally want all the features from your patch. Any chance it will get rolled up into the CVS at some point?

Is it possible to grab the damage output from group members and their pets as well? I would love to be able to take a look at the relative output. Then I can boot the non-productive. (jk)

I envision a tabled display that shows group member name, damage on current mob, and percentage of damage done to that mob. Perhaps with a dynamic expansion to add a row for a pet, or maybe just roll up the pet damage into the owners total.

UnGod
12-24-2002, 05:25 PM
Hmm, it is very possible, I'm learning quite a bit from tinkering with the combat code, hopefully I'l be able to fix up some of the problems with it. And I may try to do the above mentioned, no promises though ;)

Belith/Ungod

curio
12-27-2002, 05:22 PM
very nice patch.

The poor "Clear" menu looks a little sad cause it's all alone, but otherwise a great patch.

cheese_poker
01-21-2003, 11:54 AM
How do I check if this patch was rolled into the recent versions? (I am at work and cannot run my SEQ to look for the menu)

S_B_R
01-21-2003, 01:05 PM
The patch (http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=655072&group_id=10131&atid=310131) is still listed in "Open" status. That usually means it has not been incorperated into the CVS tree.

fee
01-21-2003, 11:37 PM
I promise I'll get to it. If it doesn't make my next commit please bug me with a private message.

fee