PDA

View Full Version : "Distant" mobs

arantius
12-08-2002, 01:31 PM
I've recently been seeing an empty named, level 0 mob in many zones, which is placed at over 30,000 units from me, causing the SEQ map to of course zoom WAAAY out to draw it.
Also I'm still getting the bugged "you" spawn that places an empty PC at 0,0.

Anyone else still getting these problems, and know if fixes are in the works? TIA

datadog
12-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Tis a BUG..

Do a search.. several threads on this subject

Scotty
12-09-2002, 11:28 AM
I'm also getting this exact same bug. The only thing that I've found by searching is to delete the whole entire EQ directory and rebuild it. Some people have claimed that it didn't fix their problem. I deleted it and rebuilt the whole thing and it still does that randomly to me as well.

Mabey I'm missing something in my search can you post the link please datadog.

datadog
12-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Perhaps fee can comment on whether or not what you are experiencing is the same as what is being described here (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2491&highlight=bugged+spawn).

arantius
12-09-2002, 03:26 PM
The second "empty PC" I mentioned is that bug. I'm aware it's known about, and just figured I'd tack on that because it might be related.

The problem I am experiencing is very separate. On top of the "empty PC" That is always at loc 0, 0, and from what I can see has the name of some part of some item you have (in bank usually?), and has a guild tag, I am experiencing another. This problem is that an "empty NPC" is in fact on my map as well. It nas _no_ name, is level zero, with a strange body and race type, but worst of all is usually in excess of 28-30,000 units away from me, many times the dimension of an average map.

If it is indeed an unknown problem I can attempt to provide further detail.

Scotty
12-11-2002, 03:32 PM
I'm not so sure it's the same bug that you mentioned datadog. Because the zones that have the level 0 mob with all 0 stats, that mob appears in the exact same spot in the zone every single time. What's weird is that this bug the mob doesn't appear in the same spot, it appears way way off in the distance and it changes locations every time. Also every time you restart EQ or zone it sometimes fixes the problem, but not always.

high_jeeves
12-11-2002, 03:42 PM
I've found that if i trigger a decode "too fast" after zoning, I get this spawn way up in a corner sometimes... Not sure if this is related, but I usually wait a few seconds before I trigger the decode and I dont see the problem anymore.

--Jeeves

arantius
12-11-2002, 04:50 PM
Jeeves that's a good observation! I'll check that out.

Scotty
12-11-2002, 10:18 PM
ack I'm using maggotboys which I think he said something about it checks every millisecond for a new decode key and will send it if it finds it, because when I zone I get a decode about a split second after I zone.