PDA

View Full Version : ? on seg fault on startup

chrisr99
12-10-2002, 08:52 AM
Ok, I have searched through and read through as much as possible before posting this. I did find one thread that mentioned a possible problem with freetype that I am going to check tonight by reloading this product.

I am curious if anyone else runs into problems like the following:

1st... I checked and I have the latest libEQ.a
I am running showeq in passive mode only, I have not played with the keysniffers at all.
I am running redhat 7.2, and the linux machine is a fresh install of 7.2, then an install of showeq. Nothing else, and the machine is only used for showeq.

This problem has happened a couple of times so far. I will be running showeq just fine, and one day showeq will be running, but receiving no information... even the map.

I usually reboot at this point, and when I go to run showeq, I get an immdiate seg fault.

[root@redhat bin]# ./showeq -i eth0 ##.##.##.##
Segmentation fault
[root@redhat bin]#

Usually at this time, I go out and get a new libEQ.a, do a md5sum to check the version, and then do a cvs upgrade. Each time after this, I still get the same result. The last time I had this problem, I did a fresh install of RH7.2, fresh install of showeq and was back up and running.

It is confusing to me since I don't do anything on this linux box other then run showeq.

Like I stated earlier, I found a thread that pointed to freetype and I will try reinstalling that, but can't see why this would change if I'm not doing anything else on the computer? The command to run showeq is literally the only thing that is ever done on this computer.

Anyway, if anyone has other suggestions I'd love to get some insight, if not, I'll try what I found and then reinstall if that doesnt' work.

Mr. Suspicious
12-10-2002, 09:50 AM
[root@redhat bin]# ./showeq -i eth0 ##.##.##.##

For starters you should run showeq with the correct command syntax. Please see the documentation (INSTALL.newbies file found in your showeq Directory).