PDA

View Full Version : FindKey error

bonkey
12-10-2002, 03:48 PM
i know that otehrs have had this problem. Is there a solution to it? (besides the one i saw of reinstalling linux)

I tried redownloading the latest version and puting it into an entirly seperate directory, buit the issue still pops up.

decode.o: In function `ThreadFunc(void*)':
/usr/local/src/showeq-4.2.15/src/decode.cpp:169: undefined reference to `FindKey'
decode.o: In function `EQDecode::LocateKey()':
/usr/local/src/showeq-4.2.15/src/decode.cpp:169: undefined reference to `FindKey'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/showeq-4.2.15/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/showeq-4.2.15'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

bonkey
12-10-2002, 04:41 PM
I downloaded the CVS and it worked. I guess the tarball is out of date.

gooober
01-10-2003, 07:01 AM
That was the 64,000 dollar answer!

If you download the source code via a tar-ball (e.g. showeq.tgz), the code may very well be out-of-date and won't compile with the current libEQ.a library.

That was what I was running into.

At work, we have a firewall which blocked cvs and did not allow the connection to go through to their cvs server.

When I went home and used cvs to update the source code, I sent it to myself at work, untarred that source code and it compiled pretty quick!

Only took about 10 minutes or so. :|

*WHEW*

Guess it pays to hang out in a forum and read for a while to figure things out...

Mark

Arcade
01-16-2003, 12:32 AM
I'm having the same error, and do have the most current source code. I tried to get it again in case it was a bad dload, but it's rejecting the anonymous password the INSTALL.newbies says to use. Any other ideas or suggestions?

Arcade
01-16-2003, 12:35 AM
ok, read about the CVS issue, it's a different thing currently being worked on, but without trying to redownload the source, is there anything i can do for this error, does it imply a wrong package? running RH8 with a full install.

gooober
01-16-2003, 05:31 AM
The password for the anonymous cvs server login is to just hit the <enter> key.

If you type in the cvs commands just as it is stated in the INSTALL.newbies file, it should work unless you are behind a firewall yourself that blocks the cvs port.

Sometimes the cvs server may just be busy and a few retries at the login may be necessary.

You should see something downloading with the cvs commands typed. If you don't, then all you have is the source from a tarball that you downloaded from a web site and your source code is not up-to-date.

Mark

gooober
01-16-2003, 05:39 AM
From what I understand, you have to use cvs to get the most current source code as it is not available for download in any other way.

Maybe a friend could use cvs and get it for you, tar it up, then you could untar it and compile it?

Mark

Originally posted by Arcade
ok, read about the CVS issue, it's a different thing currently being worked on, but without trying to redownload the source, is there anything i can do for this error, does it imply a wrong package? running RH8 with a full install.

Arcade
01-16-2003, 07:45 AM
not behind a firewall, and i tried just hitting enter, or trying anonymous like the manual said. I'll try again tonight and see what happens.

Mr. Suspicious
01-16-2003, 07:48 AM
it's a different thing currently being worked on

No it's not.

not behind a firewall, and i tried just hitting enter, or trying anonymous like the manual said. I'll try again tonight and see what happens.

Doesn't anyone actually READ anymore? Sourceforge took down the CVS servers temporarilly for development. So you can try all you want, as long as they are still down, you won't be able to get anything via CVS (and since it's the only source of the most current version, you won't be able to download/update ShowEQ AT ALL untill they are back)

http://www.sourceforge.net -> Site status -> http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1

which takes you to: http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1#cvs

Arcade
01-16-2003, 08:17 AM
what I saw said that they only took down the web interface, so cvs should still work commandline, quote i read could be wrong tho, dunno.

Dedpoet
01-16-2003, 09:15 AM
Yes, there are two different, but related issues. The web access to CVS is coming down for good, and the pserver (command line access we use for this project) is down for other reasons. They say it will be back up asap, possibly as soon as today.

Mr. Suspicious
01-16-2003, 09:34 AM
No, they are the same issue, and webbased CVS will be enabled again aswell. Arcade didn't read the message very well (or perhaps he is not familiar with terminology) it mentions pserver-based, look carefully at the command line for CVS update... see the "pserver" there? There you go: same thing.

(2003-01-14 14:04:19) As of 2003-01-14, pserver-based CVS repository access and ViewCVS (web-based) CVS repository access have been taken offline as to stabilize CVS server performance for developers. These services will be re-enabled as soon as the underlying scalability issues have been analyzed and resolved (as soon as 2003-01-15, if possible). Additional updates will be posted to the Site Status page as they become available. Your patience is appreciated.

Arcade
01-16-2003, 01:04 PM
k. aside from talking about the cvs server, is everyone pretty much saying the source i have is out of date, and i need to get updated source code, or is the FindKey error from something else?

Dedpoet
01-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Yes, the fix is out. Less than an hour old as I write this:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2771

Arcade
01-16-2003, 01:34 PM
works, thanks all