PDA

View Full Version : No-name spawn at loc 0/0/0

chaotic
12-11-2002, 10:08 AM
Here is the thread in question, after digging through a couple threads:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2491

I didn't key on the idea that the spawn always had the same guild name. That's why I didn't find the answer to my question, hence, my post.

I hope I've atoned for my sin.

high_jeeves
12-11-2002, 10:22 AM
Anyone else seeing this?

Yes. Lots of other people... They have all posted about it. Perhaps you could have searched, or atleast read the first couple of threads in the forum? Cmon.. you post a know problem that has been reported every other day for the past week.. you dont search.. and they you have the gall to ask "Anyone else seeing this?"! Amazing..

--Jeeves

chaotic
12-11-2002, 10:25 AM
edit: see above for thread

quackrabbit
12-11-2002, 11:31 AM
It's a bug. It's actually another copy of the "YOU" spawn. The reason that the guild is not the same for everyone is GUILD0 on one server is not the same as GUILD0 on another server.

Ignore it, it's on the to be fixed list, and hopefully it will be fixed someday.

Quack

tldtms
12-11-2002, 01:47 PM
high_jeeves, shut teh fuck up man. Your the most annoying person here. I dont care if you paid $5 to become a contributing member. You piss everyone off.

high_jeeves
12-11-2002, 02:38 PM
tldtms: Go away. You arent wanted here. You provide nothing. You help nobody. You have no point. Begone now. Atleast be originial if you are going to try to flame me.. you are only about the 100th person to do it. Although, I will say congrats to you! You have all of 3 posts when you do! You are the new "fewest post troll" on these boards! Grats! Now go away.

--Jeeves

tldtms
12-11-2002, 02:41 PM
"you are only about the 100th person to do it"

Grats on your accomplishment. I'm proud to say you are the FIRST to flame me. I'm not going to go into defending about the post count cause its not worth it. I've been around these boards probley longer then you...many years.

Let me ask you? How are message boards supposed to grow when people only allow you to post one thing?

If you were so good at your job, you would be a moderator of this forum.. And gues not, you are not

high_jeeves
12-11-2002, 02:49 PM
I'm proud to say you are the FIRST to flame me.

Actually, I'm not.. go look at your previous flames...

I've been around these boards probley longer then you...many years.

I seriously doubt that.

If you were so good at your job, you would be a moderator of this forum.. And gues not, you are not

Actually, that would be because Ratt is the only one who is a moderator on these boards, and he has said before that he never comes into the help forum...

I'm not going to go into defending about the post count cause its not worth it

That is because there is no defending it. You have 4 posts at this point. Here is the breakdown:

3 flames (all of somebody who provides help to members of these boards).
1 "I have the same problem" post.

Grats.. you are a useful member..

Either:

A) Do a better job than the people here who spend alot of their time helping.
B) Go away.

Those are the choices. Just staying around and bitching doesnt serve any purpose.

Let me ask you? How are message boards supposed to grow when people only allow you to post one thing?

Ok.. that doesnt even make any sense.. what one thing are people allowed to post? People are allowed to post when they have a problem that hasnt been answered before. Or, if they have tried all exitsing suggestions and still need help.. What kind of forum would we have if we just removed the search button? Maybe when a new user signs up, we should just auto-create a thread for them that is their personal help forum. Perhaps we should just list all the helpful people's phone numbers so that nobody has to even waste their time typing?

This person posted about a problem that is discussed ON THE FRONT PAGE. Besides the thread that he then edited his post to reference, there are atleast 2 other threads that can be found that discuss this problem.

Now its my turn:

Let me ask you? How is anything supposed to get done around here when I have to waste my time with Trolls that provide nothing to the community?

--Jeeves

tldtms
12-11-2002, 02:57 PM
"Let me ask you? How is anything supposed to get done around here when I have to waste my time with Trolls that provide nothing to the community?"

HOW ABOUT IGNORE THEM AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! LET THEM ASK THE QUESTION, AND LET TEH QUESTION GET ANSWERED.

Now, I'll make you a deal. If you can cut down on the amount of useless posts about searching the forum, I'll never respond to anything ever here again. The main reason I signed up to the forums, is to try to make you realize what an asshole you sound like. So do we have a deal?

Furor
65 Warrior

monster69
12-11-2002, 03:11 PM
He he. What High Jeeves is so elegantly trying to say is:

Go screw yourself and get off these boards because you are a useless piece of crap.

To bad Jeeves is a good enough fellow to take the high road.

You however are completely useless. You have posted NOTHING helpful to anyone on these boards. NOTHING!

Jeeves, however, has help numerous people on these boards and is well respected. Does he sound like an ass sometimes? Sure. Is it his fault? NO! If you post here, without searching first, you tell everyone that you think your time is more valuable than theirs. Jeeves simply points out that this is not true.

Also, using
"Furor
65 Warrior"
as your sig is pretty stupid. I am hoping that is a fake name and not your characters real name. SOE trolls this board and would love to ban someone dumb enough to post their characters name.

Monster

high_jeeves
12-11-2002, 03:14 PM
The main reason I signed up to the forums, is to try to make you realize what an asshole you sound like.

Wow.. you have a small, sad life, dont you?

Furor
65 Warrior

ROFL.. you think you are cool.. last time we had an impersonator, we had Ratt post his IP address for us.

HOW ABOUT IGNORE THEM AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS! LET THEM ASK THE QUESTION, AND LET TEH QUESTION GET ANSWERED.

You seem to have missed the point.. YOU ARE A TROLL. Somebody who asks a common question is lazy, they are not a troll. A troll is a person who does nothing but flame people.

Sorry, no deal. People need to be told to search the forums. If they can post and have their posts answered without searching, THEY WILL NEVER SEARCH. They forums then become polluted with the same questions over and over. Those people who would normally be here trying to help would then leave, because they were tired of answering repeated questions.

A deal for you:

If you either (A) provide something to this community or (B) go away. I will have a modicum of respect for you. Otherwise, you just dig yourself deeper, and prove more and more that you are nothing but a worthless troll, who sole purpose in life:

is to try to make you realize what an asshole you sound like

sad, and petty, isnt it?

--Jeeves

tldtms
12-11-2002, 03:18 PM
"Sorry, no deal. People need to be told to search the forums. If they can post and have their posts answered without searching, THEY WILL NEVER SEARCH."

And thats your job. What a great job you have. How much do you get paid a week to tell people to search? Boy I hope its not more then I make. I might be jelous.

"ROFL.. you think you are cool.. last time we had an impersonator, we had Ratt post his IP address for us. "

I'm not impersonating anyone. I'm not Furor from FOH. Thats my name created 3 years ago. I could care less if SOE knows I post here, because I have not done anything wrong.

Oh, and heres my IP if you think that will help you any.

high_jeeves
12-11-2002, 03:31 PM
And thats your job. What a great job you have. How much do you get paid a week to tell people to search? Boy I hope its not more then I make. I might be jelous.

Who ever said it was my job? Its something I do because I like to participate and be a productive member of this community. You apparently wouldnt know what that is like...
If you can only gain satisfaction from getting paid, and:

try to make you realize what an asshole you sound like

Then you are a sadder person than i initially thought.

Bottom line: nobody wants you here. You provide nothing. You can continue to argue whatever you want. But until you adress the point of how you provide something to this community, its all just whining.

You can come here, and call people names all you want, you can try to drag people down to your level all you want, but all you are doing is wasting our time for some unusual sense of self worth... Please, read what monster wrote above, and go away before you make yourself look like a bigger fool than you already have.

--Jeeves

tldtms
12-11-2002, 03:49 PM
You seem to be missing the point. The only person I have a problem with here is you and the fact you have to post multiple times day after day telling people to search. Hell half your post count is telling people to search.

So have I provided anything to the community? No I have not.

Have you provided anything to the community? Sure you have, like I said I've been searching these boards for years, even when they were over at ethernalquest. So I've read many of your posts, and yes some do contribute. But I'm sorry to say that more then half the stuff you post is trying to get other people to search. That my friend provides nothing to the community.

high_jeeves
12-11-2002, 03:54 PM
But I'm sorry to say that more then half the stuff you post is trying to get other people to search. That my friend provides nothing to the community.

Sorry, you are simply wrong on that point. People have to be told to search for a few reasons:

1) It is a valid answer to the question. They can find their answers by searching. They CANNOT find their answers if nobody responds.

2) The board will be polluted by unanswered questions and people who bump their own posts because they didnt get answered.

3) People who have many questions, will start many threads, many of which could have been answered by searching. If they are told to search int he first place, they can find answers to any follow-up questions much faster.

Your basic premise is that it is the responsibility of those of us who contribute to answer the same question every time it is posted. What is the reason we should do that? So we dont insult the sensibilities of a troll who contributes nothing to the project. Please explain the logic in that.

--Jeeves

Otherwise, one of two things will

MisterSpock
12-11-2002, 04:08 PM
(I probably know better than getting involved in this, but...)

If you don't like the way Jeeves responds, try one of the following and see if you find the response more to your liking:

* Post something interesting or insightful
* Offer a solution
* Point out a truly new bug
* Help pin down a hard to find bug
* Develop a new feature
* Come up with a new idea

Mongo222
12-11-2002, 05:35 PM
Oh god, and i was having such a boring day. Thanks for the laughs guys.

Go Jeeves!

quackrabbit
12-12-2002, 05:49 AM
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Jeeves! Jeeves! Jeeves! Jeeves! Jeeves! Jeeves! Jeeves! Jeeves!

tldtms
12-12-2002, 08:03 AM
Dam you all need to wipe the shit off your nose.

Mr. Suspicious
12-12-2002, 08:40 AM

Nah, don't think anyone is willing to wipe off the shit off your nose for you. I am certain if you'd use the search feature you'd find a way to do it for yourself tho.

Mongo222
12-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by tldtms

Na, agreeing with someone like Jeeve's doesen't mean we kiss his ass, it just means your an idiot, and jeeves have the lack of humility to tell you about it.