PDA

View Full Version : problems

HFB
12-11-2002, 07:22 PM
Well my SEQ used to always find keys but now it just.....

dispatchSplitData(): WARNING OpCode 0x5f41 will not be processed due to loss
dispatchsplitdata(): recieved Out-Of-Order fragment seq 0x0004 (0x0005) ex[ected 0x0003

does this over and over
and will not find a key to any zone.
But I get my map and my pin moves when I move on the map.

SO I am totally stuck.
I have my ARQ Seq set to 1024 and Real Time Thread checked.

Everything else is the same.
and under Network Diagnostics. Zone-client Packets are going nutz. So I am getting the packets.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

MisterSpock
12-11-2002, 07:38 PM
1) Do you have the latest version of SEQ?
2) Do you have the latest version of libEQ.a?
3) Do you have a keysniffer running on your EQ machine? If so, can you see it sending any keys via UDP?

HFB
12-12-2002, 12:33 AM
yes i have lastest SEQ and latest libEQ.a

what is the keysniffer though. i dont think I have that going. cuz it aint finding any keys.

fee
12-12-2002, 04:36 AM
HFB,

Sounds like your network is STILL fucked up. Why in the world your linux box doesn't see all the packets your EQ box sees is beyond my powers of clarvoyance. There is no fix for showeq that will allow it to work any better than you already have. I suggest, get a functional network.

To everyone not clued in here. I re-wrote showeq's packet processor to work for wost scenario cases like HFB(actually FOR HFB). The problem he is experiencing is packet loss. The ARQ Give up is being met and the expected packet has not arrived. This is a result of a bad network. EQ is obviously receiving the correct packets but somehow they don't get to his showeq box. This is a bad network and no amount of programming can make up for lack of data.

Fee

HFB
12-12-2002, 09:23 PM
fee, any ideas on what I should do to establish a good working network.
Tell me the things to get for a perfect stable network.

thanks
HFB

datadog
12-12-2002, 09:37 PM
Good quality cables. If in doubt, replace them with store bought cables. Home made cables are a likely source of problems unless you are very experienced and have the proper test equipment.

Shortest cables runs possible, avoiding potential interference from flourescent lights, power wires, TV's etc...

Decent hub/router (or whatever equipement you use). Make sure its never been over heated, or have any bent pins in the RJ45 ports. Be sure its never had anything spilled in it etc... Again, if in doubt, replace it.

Make sure you're using the proper power supply for any network equipment.

I assume you have a small home network with only a couple of computers on it, so its not likely you are overwhelming a segment, but when you have problems on a network, the more traffic you put on it the worse the problem gets.

In your case, based on fee's comments, i would contentrate on the hub (if that is what you are using) and the cables. If you are using your linux box as a firewall see my comment below in NIC's.

NIC's can cause problems. Especially cheesy ones. Spend the extra $10 on one with a name you recognize. If you can afford it get an Intel or 3com or some other 'high end' card.

Stay away from 'generic' or store brand stuff if at all possible.

As with most things in life, you get what you pay for. Definitely the case here.

I'm sure i missed a few things that others might offer to suggest.

P.S. If you tell us a little about your network we might be able to better help you diagnose and correct your problems.

MisterSpock
12-13-2002, 07:33 AM
HFB --

For the network gear, consider reading this post:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2572

In here I included some suggestions for various inexpensive products to buy from the hub/switch side of things.

Secondly, if you don't have a keysniffer running on the Windows box, your SEQ box will *never* decode anything due to the recent change in SOE's encryption. There is an entire forum dedicated to keysniffer utilities. The long and short of it is this: The keysniffer is a small program that runs on your Windows box that snarfs the key out of EQ's memory space and delivers it to the SEQ box by several different methods.

As for the network itself, datadog's suggestions are very accurate. Good cables, cards, etc... As datadog pointed out, if you can share more network details with us, we can probably provide more help.

If you turn on "show unknown spawns" (in the map), do you see yourself + the mobs, just without info? If you see yourself, your SEQ box is getting *some* packets. Try one of the keysniffers from the forum (start with a relatively basic one so you can get it working quickly) and see what difference, if any, that makes.

baelang
12-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by HFB
yes i have lastest SEQ and latest libEQ.a

what is the keysniffer though. i dont think I have that going. cuz it aint finding any keys.

:(

http://seq.sourceforge.net/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

HFB
12-18-2002, 05:48 AM
I have a Netgear 4 port HUB
Linksys DSL Router
and a ADSL D-Link Modem

all good cables. all 100 mbit network cards. which are all intel

hrmmm. I just dont know

baelang
12-18-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by HFB

baelang
12-18-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by HFB

Sounds like you are missing a keysniffer to me.

perhaps you should buy 4 new snowtires and change 2 or 3 of the fuel injectors. I'm sure that will fix the radio.