PDA

View Full Version : Working download link

Scottyy
12-12-2002, 03:03 PM
Hi, first off I have looked at all the posts using the search option regarding this and can not find a working link to it so here so my request for help:

1: Can someone give me a link to the (qt-2.3.2) file for download please that works

2: I am also stuck on the current upto date magic file (libEQ.a) tryed all the links given and they are all dead I need help for this file also please if someone could post it.

If you can help with either of the above but dont want to post it publicly for what ever reason couls you please e-mail me the files/links to them at [email protected] thankyou.

I am currently using Mandrake 9.0 installed of the linuxDVD rom from Linux Format and am hoping to get showEQ working soon and with alittle help from the communtiy I hope its soon:)

Mr. Suspicious
12-12-2002, 03:08 PM
1: Can someone give me a link to the (qt-2.3.2) file for download please that works

1. Read the documentation, it's right there. (Hint: INSTALL.newbies file in your ShowEQ directory)

2: I am also stuck on the current upto date magic file (libEQ.a) tryed all the links given and they are all dead I need help for this file also please if someone could post it.

2. Read the documentation, it's right there. (Hint, the file with the cryptic name: README.libEQ in your ShowEQ directory)

Scottyy
12-12-2002, 05:45 PM
Thankx I did what it said and got the required files :)

but when I ./configure showEQ i get this:

checking for libpng... no
checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 2.3.2
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/include/
>>>> Libraries...: /usr/lib/qt-2.3.2/lib/
>>>>> Workable...: -*{ YES }*-
checking for Qt MOC... yes
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no
checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
setting Linux pthread compilation options
checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
configure: error: cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap. Read the INSTALL file.

any ideas? Thankyou in advance

cheese_poker
12-12-2002, 06:02 PM
Just a guess, but did you do the "QTDIR=xxx" command ?

BlueAdept
12-12-2002, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Scottyy
Thankx I did what it said and got the required files :)

but when I ./configure showEQ i get this:

checking for pcap_open_live in -lpcap... no
configure: error: cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap. Read the INSTALL file.

any ideas? Thankyou in advance

Did you read the INSTALL file like it said?

Scottyy
12-12-2002, 06:19 PM
ok read the showEQ file like instructed and downloaded libpcap 0.6.2 but heres whats wrong me being 1 day old to Linux i dont know were to unpack this file and ./config it

boy its nothing like runing instal.exe in windows :P

Could someone point me to the right place to unpack this file please i have looked in the package and read the readme files it tells me how to install but i have no clue were I am supposed to install it from eg. is it /usr/lib/libpcap ? or somewere else?

I know this sounds nOObish you you all but thats what I am a nOOb just trying to understand how to install a package i downloaded from the net

I would like to thank the people who have taken the time to help me thus far am learning :)

Mr. Suspicious
12-12-2002, 06:48 PM
Could someone point me to the right place to unpack this file please i have looked in the package and read the readme files it tells me how to install but i have no clue were I am supposed to install it from eg. is it /usr/lib/libpcap ? or somewere else?

Just follow the normal steps you'd do when you would install something you don't know in the physical world:

1) Read the documentation provided with the product (by now, I think you did that)
2) Search for additional specific information in the documentation if you encounter errors (in step 2 old posts on a forum like this one is considered "documentation")
3) yell for help

You did step 1), got you a way already, now do step 2: Search on this board with the words:

"error: cannot find pcap_open_live in libpcap. Read the INSTALL file. "

3rd searchresult holds information that points you to another post, which is a step-by-step walk through for Mandrake 9.0

You'll find quite a lot of threads with explanation, read, digest, if you have specific questions about what you read: try to use search to narrow down your initial search with the new information you just learned by reading (realy the ammount of information to be found here is massive and you'll soon enjoy the learning of a new operating system) Keep these 3 steps in mind and do them in the correct order (you started with step 3 instead of step 1) and it'll save you a lot of head breaks and frustration in the future.

Scottyy
12-12-2002, 07:47 PM
Well got it working thankyou all :)