PDA

View Full Version : Interesting things...

Poncho
12-13-2002, 12:37 AM
Was out doing my normal XP session last evening in a Luclin zone with a friend. Both 2boxing and minding our own business, pulling normal MoBs (nothing out of the ordinary like running across the zone for named etc), and after roughly an hour of this, I noticed an "unknown" pop directly behind our little camp. Figured, well, I've seen this before....there are still a couple "unknown" spawn bugs to be worked out...no big deal.
We go on with our business. Mind you, no data that has ever popped up on SEQ made it anywhere near our groupchat, tells or anything.

Another 10 minutes passed and another "unknown" pops directly on the other side of our camp. i blew up my map and looked throughout the entire zone, and those were the ONLY 'unknowns" in the zone, and new spawns were showing as they popped.

We just continued for another 30mins or so just doing what we have been doing. i couldnt stop thinking about a couple posts that I previously read about invis GM's now show on SEQ as unknowns. I dont know if this has ever been validated or not for sure, but the coincidence that 2 "unknowns" would pop right near my camp were quite convincing that there was a good chance that our chat and actions were being monitored. Paranoid? Yeah maybe a little, especially after the advent of the sniffer.

Question: is there validation that GM's in invis mode now show as unknowns? And if so, what would their common proceedure be to "monitor" our sessions? As a 'responsible' SEQ user, I really wasnt too worried, but the new setup with the sniffer etc does rattle thoughts now and then...at least until it is a little more tried and true.

Any input would be more than welcome. Thanks in advance.

~Poncho~

high_jeeves
12-13-2002, 12:57 AM
No, this just happens in certain mob death/loot scenarios.. you get an unknown for some reason. That is why they were near your camp...

--Jeeves

Ekin
12-13-2002, 01:53 AM
Nothing is impossible. Don't forcus too much on the question can sniff key program can be detected . Please remember they can ban anyone they don't like . Mind you what u do in game.

Poncho
12-13-2002, 11:01 AM
Jeeves~

I thought of something like that, but I kind of ruled it out for the following reasons: 1. Been using the prog for a long time now and have never seen anything like it. 2. The 'Unknowns' did not pop in our kill area. They were on the outskirts of our camp, not where we were laying the smack down.

Dunno, maybe just a bug like you mentioned. Main reason for posting is to see if anyone else has had this happen to them in this fashion. I've been at the same spot since, and doing the same thing and I couldnt replicate. I guess like it has been mentioned 1000 times before, dont be stupid with the program and there is nothing to worry about. In the meanwhile, I'll see if I can get a duplication if in fact it is a bug. (Not that I'd know what to do about it anyway :(

Mr. Suspicious
12-13-2002, 11:26 AM
It's a simple bug. Sit down in a zone for 48 hours and let it run.... after those 48 hours you'll see about 600 unkown spawns *or following your assumption: GM's* in the zone.

Verant's Customer Support can't be all that bad, if they can afford to have 600 GM's in every zone on all servers.

Alsoplease use the search, this issue has been discussed over 100 times already and can be found in at least 4 topics on the very first page of this forum.

Poncho
12-13-2002, 11:51 AM
I have not sat in any zone for 48 hours just to see if any "unknowns" would pop. If you have done this and seen that, then that certainly answers my question, and thank you.

About doing the search, I beg the differ. I have searched until blue in the face, while there have been multiple posts concerning spawn bugs (mostly 0,0 guild zero/item name stuff), or questions how to make things spawn (ie placeholders), I have yet to see a post with these specifics. It is quite possible I have missed something, and rather probable. For that I appologize. Perhaps a link pointing me in the right direction would be of help so I can again answer my own question? ~Thanks~ :)

~Poncho~

PS this is the closest I could find: Anything better is welcome: http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1959&highlight=Invis+GMs