PDA

View Full Version : SOE not done with EQ just yet

AlphaBeta
12-13-2002, 03:37 PM
Guess EQ still has some life left in it.

http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=76470262

monster69
12-13-2002, 11:15 PM
This shows that they registered a trade mark. It does not indicate if this will be in EQ for the PC, EQ for the PS2, EQ for the PDA/Phone or even EQ2.

I am hopeful that there will be more developement on EQ but I am not holding my breath.

Monster

high_jeeves
12-14-2002, 12:35 AM
It does say this in the Goods/Services section:

COMPUTER GAME SOFTWARE AND VIDEO GAME SOFTWARE; OPERATING A REAL TIME GAME FOR OTHERS OVER GLOBAL AND LOCAL AREA COMPUTER NETWORKS

Assuming this is accurate, that would lean towards a PC or PS2 title (since the PDA/Phone versions are single player)... I would be suprised if it was PS2 since they havnt ever released EQOA.. Pure speculation, but signs point to PC.. of course, they can register this trademark just incase they ever decide to work on this project... might not be an indication of development..

--Jeeves

Fenceman
12-14-2002, 06:12 PM
Well, has anyone ever heard of James Williams?

My thinking is, if we knew what department he worked for at Sony, we might be able to make a more educated guess. Of couse, he could work for the legal department or some other department that generically handles trademarks and that wouldn't really help to narrow it down.

Mr. Suspicious
12-14-2002, 07:38 PM
Funny how everytime after a new release (this time PoP) everyone starts yelling: "OMG OMG OMG Everquest 1 is dead!"

Seriously guys, 3 years ago, people were yelling that about Ultima Online, and guess what? Today it still has more subscribers then it had 3 years ago. *shrug* EQ1 will be around for at least 5 more years and ofcourse there will be new additions (wouldn't be surpriced if they'd announced a next one within the next 6 months with a release in *puts thumb in mouth, takes it out again, raises it up to feel the wind* fall 2003)

throx
12-16-2002, 03:33 PM
Jeeves,

I believe that description is common to all Sony patents for EQ although I haven't had the time to check every one of them myself.

Guinney
12-17-2002, 10:07 PM
Some time ago I received the EQ news email and they were recruiting beta testers for PS2.

high_jeeves
12-18-2002, 02:03 AM
Yes.. that product is in beta.. it is called "Everquest: Online Adventures".. No idea when it will be released...

--Jeeves

Mag@@
12-18-2002, 03:44 AM
Its in Beta 3 atm, not bad - . Open Beta will begin soon - but not real sure when. Hehe - they just now put in a way to exit the game without shutting the PS2 off. I'm using a wireless controller - which sucks - very clunky sending text messages. Have a wireless keyboard sitting right here and getting ready to fire it up and give it a go. If you folks are interested - I'll post more - the ND period is over so I can talk details.