PDA

View Full Version : Debian 3.0? Any working?

Delusional
12-13-2002, 07:13 PM
I have been trying to get seq to work for some time now.. i've spent days compiling as well as apt-get'ing files and configuring and crap and have had no luck... the least amount of errors I got was when I finally apt-got all the qt3 libs and such... I config'd seq with --without-qt-validation and it configures fine under 2.3.2 and under 3, but when I run make I get the errors following:

g++-3.0 -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_S
UPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -o showeq main.o spawn.
o spawnshell.o spawnlist.o spellshell.o spelllist.o vpacket.o editor.o filter.o
m_spawnshell.o m_spawnlist.o m_spellshell.o m_spelllist.o m_editor.o packet.o m_
packet.o interface.o m_interface.o compass.o m_compass.o map.o m_map.o util.o ex
periencelog.o m_experiencelog.o combatlog.o m_combatlog.o msgdlg.o m_msgdlg.o pl
ayer.o m_player.o decode.o m_decode.o skilllist.o m_skilllist.o statlist.o m_sta
tlist.o filtermgr.o m_filtermgr.o mapcore.o category.o m_category.o compassframe
.o m_compassframe.o group.o m_group.o guild.o m_guild.o netdiag.o m_netdiag.o lo
gger.o m_logger.o xmlconv.o xmlpreferences.o m_xmlpreferences.o seqwindow.o m_se
qwindow.o seqlistview.o m_seqlistview.o zonemgr.o m_zonemgr.o spawnmonitor.o m_s
pawnmonitor.o spawnpointlist.o m_spawnpointlist.o spawnlistcommon.o m_spawnlistc
ommon.o spawnlist2.o m_spawnlist2.o itemdb.o m_itemdb.o gdbmconv.o -L/usr/lib/q
t3 -lqt-mt -lpthread /usr/lib/libEQ.a -lgdbm -lz -lpcap -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/lib
/qt3 -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqt-mt
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xxx/ShowEQ/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xxx/ShowEQ'

uname:
Linux xxx 2.2.20-idepci #1 Sat Apr 20 12:45:19 EST 2002 i586 unknown

Debian 3.0 installed from downloaded cdrom iso image burned.
Libqt3, every part, kde2, downloaded both mt and non-mt libs for qt, any help would be VERY appreciated!

xxx :p

Cryonic
12-13-2002, 07:53 PM
recompile QT 2.3.2 from source from trolltech with the -thread option.

Delusional
12-13-2002, 11:57 PM
workin on the compilations... will let ya know how it goes, I did find out that I was lazy and could have used apt-get and install some of the eq files after adding some sources but that didn't work because the libraries weren't wanting to cooperate among othe rdevelopment packages.. *shrug*

xxx

bioh
12-19-2002, 11:59 AM
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1824&highlight=qt

casey's instructions worked for me... :)

Delusional
12-30-2002, 04:55 PM
I've tried his instructions to no end... first said there were no gcc-3.1 so I replaced with gcc-3.0 etc. and still had dependancy problems... it eventually got down to the libc6 files.. is there any other sources I should update to get this to work? My brother and I REALLY want to get this working and i've been working on it for so long with no success.... Thanks for all your help so far.

lx_prefect
01-03-2003, 01:17 PM
hi i am using Debian Sid and i am getting the same EXACT error as above. i have compliled qt-2.3.2 with thread support with gcc 3.0 and have QTDIR=/usr/local/qt and LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/qt/lib.
my next step is to try the debian packages from Casey even after reading Delusional's horror story of them failing on 2 systems to the point of haveing to reinstall.

if anyone has a clue as to why the linking error above would occur please post and let us know.

thanks