PDA

View Full Version : raidXP & AA/XP-100%bug

lala
12-16-2002, 04:59 AM
hope someone can help me:

x) afaik verant said, that not all exp is shared in a raidgroup. we think that the expgain is lower, but would be nice if someone can give us a formula how exp is shared ;o)

i.e. 80% is shared with raidgroup. 20% only to the group who get kill or something like that...

x) some people are saying that there is a bug so you get less total exppoints if you have 100/0 or 0/100% aa/xp. others tell you get less exp if you do NOT set it to this values...

anyone know for sure if this bug still exists?

sorry for my english, and thanks for help ;o)

RSB
12-16-2002, 06:06 AM
what they meant by raid exp is that the amount of xp is less full stop. Everyone in the raid get their proportional amount of xp based on their level but the total amount is less than if a single group got the xp.
IE

Mob is level 50

xp is 50 *50*100*ZEM (about .75 for old zones)
giving 187500

Normally a group with the following levels would get their share of xp via this formula

xp = Total XP * Group Bonus * ( Player Level + 5 / (Total Group Levels + (5* the number of players in the group)))

if you add up all the xp each player got in the group it would equal
187,500 * Group Bonus

When they fix the Raid XP (if they haven't done so already)
it will be something like

Total XP * Raid Modifier * ( Player Level + 5 / (Total Raid Levels + (5* the number of players in the Raid)))

where Raid MOdifier is less then 1

Old`Fart
12-20-2002, 01:09 PM
Last I'd heard -- from ALLEGORICAL [non-SEQ-based] sources -- the raid exp penalty was 40%, and in addition, no group exp bonus.

This was based on one group of six L61s killing L61 (only) mobs, then forming a raid with another full group of six L61s, still killing the same L61 mobs. (The exp rate dropped by 75%, instead of 50%).

So, for example, if the exp base was 1M per mob, the one group was getting (1M + 20% group bonus, then divided among six characters ) = 200k exp each per kill.

With the raid of 12, it dropped to (1M - 40% raid penalty, divided by 12 characters) = 50k exp each per kill.

So even if you kill twice as quickly, you're skill only getting ~50% the exp (50k x 2, compared to 200k) you would if you weren't in a Raid.

This is consistant with Verant's vision that raiding "is not for making seven- or eight-man groups". Don't expect them to remove the Raid penalty. (I mean, I'd love it if they did, but I don't see it happening).