PDA

View Full Version : Mob list and map problem since compile of 4.3.3

erice2
12-19-2002, 06:37 PM
I have what seems to be a unique problem. It has been this way ever since I compiled and installed 4.3.3(weeks ago). Seq decodes and works fine with the following problems. All maps have a random player icon that shows up at 0,0. The player name will be a piece of a item like "stal chitin bracer".
The other problem is that the mob list will not update until I choose something on the combo box. It does not populate when I zone, after I zone, I must choose all to see any mobs in the list. Or if the combo box is on Alerts, and an alert spawns, I have to click the combo, click alerts again, then Ill see the mob.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

Cryonic
12-19-2002, 07:06 PM
The first one is a known bug (has been known for more than a week now). The other one is a new one on me. What version of QT are you running SEQ with?

seqmage
12-20-2002, 02:42 AM
After you get it working, try saving the settings?

erice2
12-20-2002, 11:48 AM
QT 2.3.2 (thats the correct one, right?)

Saving settings doesnt' help. I always have to click the drop down to make it refresh.

Dedpoet
12-20-2002, 01:12 PM
Try turning off "Spawn List 2" and turning on "Spawn List" on the View menu. I personally still use the original "Spawn List" as I like it better than the new one. Does that work?

Scotty
12-20-2002, 01:38 PM
I have the same 2nd problem as you are having. I've used Showeq for over a year now and it works great. Lately I've been having the Random level 0 character appear way off at like 15000, 20000 which makes my map zoom way out. I tried deleting all the folders for showeq and doing a fresh recompile and install using Monkey8475(forget the numbers) write up and follow it. I still get the same problems where once in a while I get a random character level 0 way off, but everytime I zone into, using PoS as an example I know it does it every time, Plane of Storms I'm using Spawnlist 2 I have to click from NPC's to another option from the drop down menu to see some of the White con, Yellow Con, and Red con mobs. I first noticed this in Plane of Disease while we were fighting Grummus I noticed I saw 2 Yellow dots in Rat cave yet on my spawn list I had it ordered to level and I saw 0 yellow con mobs. I had to switch to all and then I saw them and when I switched to NPC's again they showed up.

erice2
12-20-2002, 05:58 PM
I also have that problem Scotty. The one where the map auto-sizes real small because of a character way off the map. I forgot to mention it.
Ill try using spawn list. See if that helps my list problem.

alwaysneedhelp
12-24-2002, 11:22 PM
I cannot see any mobs I have done the ftp to get the new libEQ.a at least I hope it is the new one. I know very little of how linux works so could use any help I can get. I read that the libEQ.a must be in the library for showEQ to work, I am not sure I have it in the right folder I followed the install guide for linux version 7.2 so I am assuming it goes into /seq I believe that is the only directory I had to make.

I just found some posts about you have to use a keysniffer now for showEQ to work? I do not have one.

Cryonic
12-25-2002, 09:08 AM
Read the INSTALL.newbies file that came with SEQ.

Dedpoet
12-25-2002, 11:31 AM
INSTALL.newbies doesn't have anything about key sniffers yet Cryonic. I made revisions to the FAQ to cover them, but it has not yet been updated.

Always, check the forum called ShowEQ Key Sniffer Utilities - there is lots of information there. Personally I use Maggotboy's code, but if you don't have access to a Microsoft compiler, that may not be an option for you. There are several sniffers avaialble now, so do a bit of reading and pick the one that's best for you.

Cryonic
12-25-2002, 12:30 PM
The install file does, however, cover the other questions (like where to put libEQ.a).