PDA

View Full Version : maps not loading

Fortunate Son
12-21-2002, 06:51 PM
I'm a Linux newbie. After a nearly all-day battle I got seq to run on Mandrake 9.0. I had trouble with QT, then had to reinstall it because of using a too-old compiler, then finally had to go back to 2.3.2 because of something wicked.

So anyway I finally got showeq to run. It seems to be working perfectly, except the zone maps aren't loading. I have to click on file/open map to load them. Not a big deal, and I can live with it this way, but that never happened with previous installs. I've done quite a few searches and looked through dozens of threads. If this has come up before; I'm not using the right search terms.

There was no /usr/local/share/showeq directory. So I created it and recompiled showeq. That directory shows up quite often during the compilation, but it's still empty. The only thing I see that looks like an error is "libtool: link: warning: library '/usr/lib/libgdbm.la' was moved. No idea if that's related or not.

When I fire up showeq I get an error about not being able to open showeq.xml in that same dir. It doesn't exist of course, but showeq seems to be running normally except for the maps not loading. It also didn't create the showeq executable where it normally does, it's in showeq/src, if that helps.

Any ideas? This is way over my head. As I said, I'm not too worried about it, but I like to learn when I can.

baelang
12-21-2002, 07:14 PM
are you sure you did a "make install"

you mentioned "previous installs", does that mean you did it once but forgot how?

Fortunate Son
12-21-2002, 08:23 PM
>are you sure you did a "make install"

Goddammit. I don't know how many times I overlooked that. Thanks.

>you mentioned "previous installs", does that mean you did it once but forgot how?

I've installed it several times before, but only on Redhat. I had so many problems here that I'd never seen before that I just didn't think it through clearly, assuming I had made a misstep earlier. I'm just a dumbass. :o