PDA

View Full Version : Revised FAQ (23-Dec-2002)

Dedpoet
12-23-2002, 08:42 AM
This is the revised FAQ as discussed in this (http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2625) thread.

I re-worded several questions to discuss key sniffers, and added a new question 2.8 about sniffers specifically. I didn't go into too much detail, and instead pointed users to the proper forum. I also added a revision history section to keep things tidy for future updates.

Fee, I didn't add questions specifically pertaining to your CVS announcements, but I think I worded the questions so that they include the appropriate information. If you disagree, please let me know. Do you think a question specifically about the Network menu should go in? I thought that might be too in depth for the FAQ, and that is what most of the recent CVS announcements are about.

Could whomever maintains the current FAQ please replace it with this new one?

Thanks,
-Dedpoet

Edit: grrrrr. The attachment shows as being on here, but I'm not having any luck making it show up. Anyone know how to make this work?

Dedpoet
01-01-2003, 12:47 PM
Bump.

I don't think attachments will show up in this forum. Could the FAQ maintainer please either post here or PM me an email address? I'd really like to get the FAQ updated with the key sniffer information.

Thanks,
-Ded

fryfrog
01-01-2003, 02:29 PM
At some point, ratt had given me the l/p to the site the .html is on... but i think ratt might be the only one. let me dig around in my pm's.

edit: nope, aparantly i don't save PMs :(

Dedpoet
01-11-2003, 08:48 AM
I really hate to do this again...but, bump.

Can anyone with access to the FAQ please PM me? I'd like to either email you the revised version, or get the l/p to update it myself. We keep pointing people at the FAQ, but it still doesn't have sniffer information in it.

Thanks,
-Ded

fryfrog
01-11-2003, 12:10 PM
damnit ratt, wake up and read this thread :)

pm ratt, i know he is the one that has the l/p.

Dedpoet
01-18-2003, 01:57 PM
Well, I spent close to an hour reworking the FAQ to be up to date for Qt 3.0.5+, but lost all of my work because I'm an idiot. I hope to get it finished sometime this weekend, or Monday at worst and get it updated.

FYI, don't use a file unzipped from Winzip as your working copy before saving somewhere else...when you close Winzip, you lose the working file...you have been warned :-(

Pigeon
01-18-2003, 05:45 PM
Not sure about WinZIP's behavior, but if it's anything like MS Office your file will be somewhere in the Windows TMP directory.

Dedpoet
01-18-2003, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I checked. No dice. :-(

Cryonic
01-19-2003, 02:58 AM
Windows 2k/XP

c:\documents and settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp

Local settings is a hidden folder.