PDA

View Full Version : question

shadow
12-25-2002, 08:06 AM
i got a problem with showeq, i can install it and all and it works to start and all but then i run sniffer and start it. in termnal it says Decrypting and dispatching with key.... and after that nothing happends, anyone have a clue what can be wrong
runnin it on a RH 8.0 with QT-3.0.5

Cryonic
12-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Run top in a second terminal window and see if SEQ/X is eating up an inordinate amount of system resources.

There are issues with SEQ and QT3. You might consider getting QT 2.3.2 and compiling SEQ with it (you don't have to remove QT3 from your system).

shadow
12-25-2002, 09:26 AM
it dont eat up any of resources i have. i really donīt understand why its not working, i have friends that useing RH with same QT i use too, and for them its working but not for me...

Cryonic
12-25-2002, 10:03 AM
It should be eating up some resources. Programs don't run unless they get time on the CPU and space in RAM.

If your friends have it working, then have one of them come over to help you.

P.S. Are you sure SEQ is even seeing the EQ traffic? Does it autoload maps when you zone/login? Can you get it to work as a sonar (don't run keysniffer on EQ machine) and see a bunch of unknown mobs?

If not, then your network may not be setup correctly to allow the SEQ machine to work.

shadow
12-25-2002, 10:15 AM
its like 98% of cpu free and over 200mb ram free also, i dont get up a thing on SEQ, no port are closed so, i dunno...
i asked my friend and he dont know whats wrong either
i did test to run eq without sniffer and its the same deal...

Cryonic
12-25-2002, 10:18 AM
Then the problem is your network setup not SEQ.

shadow
12-25-2002, 10:21 AM
ohh, anything you know how to fix, i never been real good at network config for linux, i can make it run and so on but not config it like that only :( i want to learn but never had the time to do it

Cryonic
12-25-2002, 10:24 AM
It isn't the config of the Linux box, but a problem with your network layout/devices.

Read the FAQ for some useful information:
http://www.macsrule.com/~seqfaq/seq-faq.html

Also Read through this very useful post on network devices:
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2572

shadow
12-25-2002, 10:28 AM
thx for the help, im gonna read it right away then =)

shadow
12-25-2002, 10:46 AM
i think i have found the problem, it seems to be my switch then :/ kinda sucks but ..i have to get a new one then