PDA

View Full Version : ruidd

Dantec75
12-26-2002, 03:40 AM
I have ShowEQ up and running, it shows me where my charater is on the map and moves along with my character, but everything in the mobs list is Unknown. Mobs dont appear on the map until i get up close to them, and corpses show up as Unknown Corpse.

Anyone know how I can get it to list player names/mob names in the list, or is this something that can't be fixed? I tried to search a little bit, but I couldn't really find anything.

Cryonic
12-26-2002, 07:30 AM
Read the Announcements forum and the aptly named Key Sniffer forum.

Dantec75
12-26-2002, 01:47 PM
i read that sniffers thing in the announcements forum before i posted here. i know nothing at all about c++ or whatever that stuff is u need to make the sniffer.
ill just use showeq to get where i want to go i guess, thanks anyways~

RavenCT
12-26-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Dantec75
i read that sniffers thing in the announcements forum before i posted here. i know nothing at all about c++ or whatever that stuff is u need to make the sniffer.
ill just use showeq to get where i want to go i guess, thanks anyways~

(I just couldn't let this one pass...)

So, you read the announcements forum, AND you read the Key Sniffer forum, of which is centered completely around the fact that sniffing the de-cryption key is now the ONLY way to get the zones to decode.... I'm a little foggy here, where did you miss that there was no other way to do this? :D

Bah! I'm just stuck at work the day after Christmas and it's a ghost town here, I had to respond and I'm suprised that no-one else has!

S_B_R
12-26-2002, 02:09 PM
Bah! I'm just stuck at work the day after Christmas and it's a ghost town here, I had to respond and I'm suprised that no-one else has!You and me both Raven.....:rolleyes:

Poncho
12-26-2002, 02:12 PM
ROFL...

At first I was upset about having to use a keysniffer - I'm starting to think it is one of the best things to happen as of late within SEQ; especially when read some of these posts...

Dantec75
12-27-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by RavenCT
I'm a little foggy here, where did you miss that there was no other way to do this?

I didn't miss anywhere that there was no other way to do it, I was just saying I know nothing about getting a keysniffer to work and I don't really care a whole lot about what mobs are up in the zone. It still shows where I am on the map, and moves with my character, so I said I'm just going to use it to get where I want to go easier without having to ask for locs. ex: getting from druids rings in tox to paineel...getting from bb zone to halas zone, that kinda stuff. I have a level 65 character and never go to those newb zones anymore, so having something like this to show where I am and stuff is nice.

baelang
12-28-2002, 07:08 PM
maybe you missed the posts about a binary distribution of one of the keysniffers, made especially for folks that don't want to know anything about C++ compilers on windows.

http://members.fortunecity.com/baelang