PDA

View Full Version : Spawnlog/Lootlog...

Poncho
12-26-2002, 02:06 PM
I've scanned through the posts and havn't been able to find anyone that has brought this idea up before (If you have I'm sorry)....

I was wondering if there is a simple coding method to add a known loot table to the spawn.log file or a derivative of that file...maybe a loot.log file or something. I realize that loot is not sent to the client until the time of death. Can we snif this data and attach to the spawnlog? I also realize that this file would be rather large after some time as well.

It would be rather nice to click on a known spawn location and see what has been dropped from that location and how many times or a percentage drop-rate. Also what all has popped at that location. It would be something that your SEQ learns like spawn locations. I fully realize that this would be completely useless to those that have not "sat" in a particular zone for a great amount of time, but with the resources we have here, I'm sure we can collaborate a big lootlog.

In summation: Can I sniff what just dropped off of that skelly that was just killed a half zone away? If so can I log this and somehow attach to the spawnlog or make another log file listing the "learned" loot tables as they happen? Is it possible to make such an SEQ window much like the spawn window to show (or incorporate into the spawn window) what has dropped and from what spawn location? Can this menu be sortable - IE A_WHATEVER_MOB has been killes x-amount of times and has dropped the following in total: A_SEPULCHER_SKELLY has been slain 92 times: 80 Bone Fragments, 30 XYZ Spells, 89 Stupid Root Rocks...etc and maybe attach a percentage behind each of it's "known" drops?

I appologize if this is not feasable as I have not learned a programming language since BASIC back in the day - But I know alot of you are dead-on when it comes to this stuff and I wanted to throw the idea out there at least. Any input or additions to this idea? Thx

Poncho

Cryonic
12-26-2002, 02:36 PM
The only way to know what was on that skellie a half zone away, is to go loot it yourself (before anyone else). The loot list is only sent to the person that actually loots the mob.

Poncho
12-26-2002, 02:43 PM
*GUH*

Shoots that down :(

Thx

<edit>

Then again I guess we can all build our own lootfiles and somehow collaborate information. I'm guessing that all servers work in the same fashion as far as loot...I could be wrong here as well.....:p

Cryonic
12-26-2002, 03:37 PM
For most mobs, they probably work the same. I don't recall where they have implemented trivial loot code, but in those areas you would have to take the level of the player into account when trying to create the loot tables.

Azerael
12-26-2002, 05:46 PM
IIRC, there are no zones that have Trivial Loot code active anymore. I seem to recall a patch message a while back where they removed it from the Warrens which was the big test bed for the concept.