PDA

View Full Version : error in make

Midnight
12-27-2002, 12:43 PM
runnin drake 9.. installed the new lib, qt-2.3.2 with zero problems.. untar'd the newest showeq and followed the INSALL.newbies to the 't' (as well as spent 2 days reading threads).. when i get to the 'Compiling ShowEQ' part, i fail at the make part. i had zero problems exporting, making the makefile.dist, and the ./configure ran flawlessly.

[]# cd /seq/showeq/
[]# export CC=gcc3
[]# export CXX=g++3
[]# export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-2.3.2
[]# make -f Makefile.dist
[]# ./configure
[]# make <------- FAILS about 5 minutes into the make
[]# make install

here's the last few snippets of it failing.. i manually installed findkey offa the lib cd and had no problems with it previously. im sure im just a step away from getting this thing going

decode.o: In function `ThreadFunc(void*)':
/root/showeq/src/decode.cpp:169: undefined reference to `FindKey'
decode.o: In function `EQDecode::LocateKey()':
/root/showeq/src/decode.cpp:169: undefined reference to `FindKey'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/showeq'
make: *** [all] Error 2
[root@localhost showeq]#

bring on the flames

high_jeeves
12-27-2002, 12:59 PM
Please search:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2592&highlight=FindKey

--Jeeves

Mr. Suspicious
12-27-2002, 03:47 PM
untar'd the newest showeq and followed the INSALL.newbies to the 't'

You didn't follow the INSTALL.newbies to the 't', reason I say this is that it nowhere mentions anything about untarring showeq. I suggest you read it again.

Midnight
12-27-2002, 03:55 PM
yeah! flames! aye.. i first went to sourceforge.net and looked up seq there and downloaded the newest tar from the website.. installed it off of that..

did the cvs stuff about 20 minutes ago.. reconfigured and its in the process of 'making' right now. we'll see how it goes

S_B_R
12-27-2002, 04:56 PM
It's been an hour, are we to assume that your problem is solved? So quick to ask for help, so slow to say thank you..... /shrug

Midnight
12-27-2002, 05:21 PM
aye.. works fine now. just have the whole 'unknown' problem.. i have yet to read up on how to fix that. thanks for directing me to the proper search criteria