PDA

View Full Version : filters causing 100% cpu issues read pls

Dukiena
12-31-2002, 01:28 AM
Well after much trial and error i am up to 100%... i finally figured it out...

I installed redhat 8.0 with the initial 3.0.5 qt's on it... wasnt having issues a while back but just developed issues a few weeks ago with high cpu time .. i installed 2.3.2 and it worked ok some but then the same problems started againabout 30 min later

So i obviously formatted and reinstalled 8.0 all items again and installed 2.3.2 again...

This time i did not add FILTERS.... i spaced it and didnt add them at first... and it was working great so i said ok lets add the filters.... BOOM, added them and zone in's taking 1-2 minutes to decode and backfill... 100% CPU usage for like the first 4 minutes im in zone.... and then random 100% cpu usages after that..

So now i remove my filters (provided from blueAdept, he has good filters in his conf file) and instant backfill and no more 100% CPU issues. (i used his all in one .conf file vice zone specific files)

For all of you out there who are having these issues i highly suggest try removing your filter files and seeing if you have any problems...

Good luck

Dukiena

Cryonic
12-31-2002, 08:54 AM
Try it with the zone specific filters instead of the all in one file. The problem may just be the shear size of all the mobs that BAs filters are looking for.

morbidsoul
01-02-2003, 05:29 PM
Ive been having the same issues with ShowEQ taking insane amounts of time to decode thing, and really bad CPU usage ever since I had to use keys. If I dont use a keysniffer, the zones load up fine, and keeps up great. However when I do use a key sniffer, it takes forever.

Im not currently using any special filters(just using the default) would removing the default filter file have the same results?

What are the adverse effects to removing said file?

Thanks for your time!

Dukiena
01-02-2003, 05:44 PM
no adverse effect to remove the filters... when you zone Showeq sees that they are gone and remakes the filter.conf file with nothing in it... just try removing that file and run without filters for a while and see what happens.

Dukiena