PDA

View Full Version : Providing a Service

ShowEQMachines
12-31-2002, 09:26 AM
Hello All,

I would like to provide a service to the community.

I will build and configure working SEQ machines for you!

I will include the following:

-New machine built to the specifications you request.
-Install Redhat 7.3
-Install SEQ
-Ship anywhere in the country
-Provide unlimited 30 day Support.

If this is something that interests you please email me at [email protected]

Prices are totally negotiable.

I do not mean to start any kind of trouble. If the mods decide this is inappropriate please delete this thread.

Thanks for your time.

monster69
12-31-2002, 09:35 AM
I am not a mod but this is DEFINATELY inappropriate.

Go pound sand in your ass and don't ever come back.

Monster

Ratt
12-31-2002, 09:50 AM

That is his IP. Please someone, go kick his ass.

high_jeeves
12-31-2002, 10:32 AM
It always makes you feel warm and fuzzy to have the scum of society visit your forums!

Let me guess, when the encryption changes, or opcodes change, do you pay them to ship the machine back to update it?? I dont think so.. they still have to learn and spend time doing all of the same things they would have to do to setup a machine... you are scamming people out of money. Go away.

You sure that IP is correct Ratt? I'm getting nothing on it.

--Jeeves

Ratt
12-31-2002, 10:32 AM
ShowEQMachines wrote on 12-31-2002 09:55 AM:
I really didn't mean to cause a problem. I did not mean to be malicous. I was talking to someone and they thought this may be a good way to make a little cash. I really didn't think it would be a problem considering the thread http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2649

Please just delete the entire post.

No.

You should learn to read before you post stupid shit. Don't blame me for your actions.

If you didn't "mean to cause a problem," you would have done a search for that sort of thing. Plenty of hits on a simple search. Instead, you chose to let other people do your work for you. Now you need to lie in the bed you made.

I can't stand assholes like you. Fuck off. SEQ is not meant to be sold and it certainly doesn't need people like you selling pre-made boxes. The game is already fucked up enough as it is, without people like you literally handing a tool like SEQ to preenial Windows morons who can't wipe their own asses. There's a fucking reason SEQ is Linux only... I'm mean, DUH.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I just wanted to add to this, for any future entreprenuers... It's not the fact that you are selling SEQ that I care about... it's the fact that you are circumventing the inherient protetion mechanisms that SEQ has to prevent blatant, wonton cheating within the game. IE - not intended for stupid or lazy people.

While it may seem hypocritical for me to talk about circumvention of a circumvention device... well, life is full of hypocrisy, deal with it. The fact of the matter is, I care about the game and the gameplay, believe it or not, and I don't want to see it trashed by a bazillion people running around with SEQ. It's already as widespread is it needs to be. It doesn't need to be spread to the masses.

Verants 40% estimate of SEQ usage is utterly ridiculous. There is no F'ing way in hell 40% of the EQ population uses SEQ. I know this for a fact. Just take your average uberguild and see how many people in that guild use it... not anything CLOSE to 40%. My guess is 4 - 8% of the population uses SEQ, at least within the Uberguild community. Among the entire fanbase, I can't even fathom the numbers being nearly that high.

Anyway, I apologize if my post seems especially vitrolic to you... but I'm really tired of seeing shit like this elsewhere, and when it comes home, you bet your ass I'm going to jump all over a blatant post like that.

While I understand SEQ is a potential money making opportunity, in the end, if it becomes too much of a problem, we CAN make your "support" life a living hell while barely affecting the rest of the SEQ population. Just leave SEQ alone and sell copies of .... something else. SEQ is not intended for the audience of people who buy pre-made boxes.

Cryonic
12-31-2002, 10:54 AM
AT&T WorldNet Services ATT (NET-12-0-0-0-1)
12.0.0.0 - 12.255.255.255
Avanade AVANADE652-130 (NET-12-144-130-0-1)
12.144.130.0 - 12.144.130.255

# ARIN Whois database, last updated 2002-12-30 20:00
# Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's Whois database.

Dial-up account

BlueAdept
12-31-2002, 12:13 PM
I wish I could have gotten his email address. I would have signed him up for all the spam he could handle from http://spamyousilly.com/

Catt
01-01-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by BlueAdept
I wish I could have gotten his email address. I would have signed him up for all the spam he could handle from http://spamyousilly.com/

WOOF!!

(ok, I play a druid)

That is exactly what I've been looking for to take revenge on spammers!

Catt
01-03-2003, 03:41 AM
OK, now I'm disapointed.

I signed up a brand new e-mail address to spamyousilly, and have not received anything! Even 24+ hours later.

What a let down.

NHRAfan
01-03-2003, 12:18 PM
either Yahoo mail has some killer spam filters or it takes some time for spamyousilly to take effect. I have 1 spam letter in my new mail account.

BlueAdept
01-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Catt
OK, now I'm disapointed.

I signed up a brand new e-mail address to spamyousilly, and have not received anything! Even 24+ hours later.

What a let down.

Give it time. This is from their website

Within approximately 1 week of signing up with Spam You Silly!® you should start receiving between 2,000 and 7,000 unsolicited emails daily for as long as you remain a member!.

RavenCT
01-03-2003, 08:09 PM
Whoot! Now THAT is a web address I will HAVE to remember! :)

Now, who's life can I make a living hell?

Ratt
01-04-2003, 01:27 PM
For you jokers that signed me up for that... I have SMTP level spam filtering that's very agressive. It bounces 99.9% of the spam from spamyousilly. Meaning, I get about 1 spam through a day, which I report to spamcop :)

Exim and Exiscan > spam

BlueAdept
01-04-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Ratt
For you jokers that signed me up for that... I have SMTP level spam filtering that's very agressive. It bounces 99.9% of the spam from spamyousilly. Meaning, I get about 1 spam through a day, which I report to spamcop :)

Exim and Exiscan > spam

Sorry Ratt. I didnt even occur to me that someone might sign you up for it.

Some good people you might want to give the gift that gives back to are:

Bill Gates
Anyone at Microsoft
Steve Case (aol)
George Bush
Donald Rumsfield
Your boss
Your ex-wife/girlfriend or ex-husband/boyfriend
There are a few that I can think of that I dont want to post :)

Ratt
01-05-2003, 12:27 PM
It's ok... doesn't really bother me much... all gets rejected anyway :) Just fills up the logs a bit more than usual. But that's what they make grep for.

bonkersbobcat
01-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Hopefully this whole thing wasn't a troll...

Anyway Ratt, what SMTP level spam filter are you using? I have talked myself into installing one and am considering spam assasin. Was wondering if you were using that or something else.

BlarneyStoned
01-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Nah, it wasnt a troll in that he was serious about building and selling SEQ machines.

He posted this shit on my server (Torv) board and got flamed mightily for it.
I assume he has been spamming server and class boards with it, seem to remembr seeing something about it on Monkly and Safehouse before the mods nuked it/banned his ass.

Ratt
01-06-2003, 04:49 PM
I'm using Spamassassin as the primary filter, which is called by Exim with the Exiscan patch. Also does virus filtering.

It's a really snazzy setup and I'm pleased with it. It's nice and fast and very reliable... I haven't had any false positives in weeks.

datadog
01-06-2003, 09:16 PM
Interesting!..

What mail package/platform ?

Ratt
01-06-2003, 10:25 PM
The mail (SMTP) package is ... Exim. With the Exiscan patch.

Do you really need to ask what platform? Heh...

Catt
01-07-2003, 12:35 AM
6 days

0 spam

About to declare www.spamyousilly.com as a shenanigan!

Nstalkerga
01-08-2003, 06:54 AM
Got a ex departmental boss or 2 that i signed up for it.

sad part is no spam filters at work and doesnt look like ANY extra mail has arrived in about a week so far.

Was a nice thought thou

BlueAdept
01-08-2003, 08:25 AM
Yea it does look like a hoax. It is a good idea though.

Actually I do know of a way to spam someone to hell and back. I bought one of those web promotional spiders for a web site I was working on. My hits didnt increase but my email sure did. On that account I currently get approximately 25-50 pieces of spam a day. It has become a junk mail account now. What a waste of money and waste of a good email account. C'est la vie.

For those who want a good spam account go to www.datapimp.com and check out the cool names you can get.

datadog
01-08-2003, 10:50 AM
a hoax?

Didnt Ratt get some ?

Ratt
01-08-2003, 03:02 PM
I had assumed this is where it came from... as my deluge started around that time frame. I started bouncing all sorts of wierd shit that I'd never heard of, all claiming I had "signed up" ...

Whereas most spam is just unsolicited... the spam I started getting was more targeted at my direct address, etc...

Hmm, upon further reflection, it may not actually be from this... perhaps I pissed someone else off, somewhere else. Eh... that list is long, no sense worrying about it :)

I like seeing the cool statistics it's generating in my log files.

RavenCT
01-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Hmmm... I wonder how high we could push his stats :D

(Be careful, that almost sounds like a challange! You could be a stress tester for the product :) )