PDA

View Full Version : Can a timer be added ?

outthere
01-08-2003, 02:50 PM
I want to first thank everyone who puts in all the hard work to give us non-programmers ShowEQ. I salute you.

But I have a suggestion that in my little programmer experience shouldn't be too difficult to add in but I think would help out enormously. I love that fact that ShowEQ now records spawn times and turns then yellow then flashing red before they pop. But how difficult would it be to add a spawn time for when you hold the mouse over the spawn. (i.e. List how long the time is between pops)

I think this would help out doing like timed camps that you may wish to go afk. This way you would know exactly how long to be gone.

How hard would this be to do?

Thanks for your time and your ears.

fryfrog
01-08-2003, 03:54 PM
you mean like a tool tip that would pop up? because currently i think you just click on the spawn point and it selects it over in the spawn window and then you could just read it there...

monster69
01-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Actually I think there is already a "tool tip" that pops up over spawn points and one of the bits of info in it is the time remaining until the next spawn. Look in the bottom right of the tool tip.

Monster

KaL
01-08-2003, 04:58 PM
This is true, but sometimes the color-coding works but all I see for remaining time is "??".

Which is wierd, considering the color-coding is spot-on.

Cryonic
01-08-2003, 10:59 PM
?? may mean that it thinks the time has expired for the mob and hasn't seen it pop. I think I remember this happening to me when doing Gnoll Spires in SK.

SeqTester
01-08-2003, 11:36 PM
I know what he is talking about. Usually when the colors are working but still says unknown there is a "Grey" spawn timer under the one you see. Watch when it turns red then blinks.

Maybe I have a different problem but I have seen this and usually clearing spawn points and letting it rebuild again fixes it or Delete that point.