PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Sol Ro

Catt
01-09-2003, 04:40 PM
This is a work in progress,

PLEASE DO NOT ADD TO CVS YET.

OK, that being said, this map is a bear, I've found 4 areas so far, the trouble is the Z axis is freaky in the zone, SEQ and /loc don't agree.

I'd like the two that asked and provided /locations, or even others, to check this map and let me know if the Z is correct in the areas done so far (magenta) (will not stay magenta when map is finished).

Also the area to the north, while going down the stairs, just past where the map stops I keep falling under the world. Is there a one way trap or teleport there? There is considerably more to map further down the stairs.

Please let me know so I can continue and finish this map.

throx
01-09-2003, 09:53 PM
Download a zone viewer and you should be able to fly around and get the locs yourself. ;-)

Klandis
01-10-2003, 08:33 AM
regular solid floor there on live

ksmith
01-10-2003, 12:14 PM
This (http://kyle.13th-floor.org/hidden/eq/solro.jpg) is a render of the zone with your updated map ontop.

I'm working on doing the same with a side-view.

ksmith
01-10-2003, 04:22 PM
Ok, the z-axis really is screwey... it doesn't seem to be the same scale as the x and y.

Side view:
(edit: the side-view pics are useless)

(I don't have a render to go with these due to the scaling being different)

Catt
01-10-2003, 06:21 PM
OK, I've seen the other areas, just not found the right locations to get into them yet.

I really want to make sure the areas I've added are acurate, I question the Z , the others should be good.

Also info about the area to the north, going down the stairs, is there something beyond where the map stops, like a one way trap or teleport? I fall under the world there.

cbreaker
01-28-2003, 05:30 PM
Hey ksmith, what zone viewer did you use to make those images? Only one I have found is "EQ Zone Viewer" and it doesn't appear to be the same on you are using.

ksmith
01-28-2003, 05:41 PM
EQ Zone Viewer is what I use to run around in zones.

EQ Zone Converter + Povray is what I use for renders.

As for the showeq maps, I use a perl script that I wrote.

And for the overlay of the showeq map on the render, I just used Gimp.

throx
01-28-2003, 11:42 PM
EQ Zone Viewer is great for finding locs and mapping.

http://www.ethernalquest.org/boards/viewtopic.php?t=3195

cbreaker
01-30-2003, 12:44 AM
Thanks ksmith. Povray is pretty neat-o. I've had some trouble with EQ Zone Convertor, it crashes on me when I try to export certian z-axis parts of a zone (specifically bothunder.)

But it's cool, I can work around it. Thanks for the info.

LordCrush
06-23-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by ksmith
EQ Zone Viewer is what I use to run around in zones.

EQ Zone Converter + Povray is what I use for renders.

As for the showeq maps, I use a perl script that I wrote.

And for the overlay of the showeq map on the render, I just used Gimp.

I would like to play with this a bit :D - Would you mind to post the Perl-Script ?

Thank you in advance :D

ksmith
06-24-2003, 11:52 AM
http://seq.sourceforge.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2208

reaver
12-05-2003, 04:17 PM
Anyone have a SolRo Tower map more complete than this one in progress? Only 2 of the towers are done, and partial at that.

I've done some searching to try and find a complete ShowEQ/SOE map but have not found any.

Thanks in advance!

-reaver

curio
12-07-2003, 06:52 PM
Here's a slightly more complete version.