PDA

View Full Version : New Cartography System?

Necro23
01-15-2003, 08:13 AM
Just got the patch message. After announceing "The Legacy of Ykesha" download-only expansion comes a cryptic little reference to a "new cartography system". Hrm. First EQW is co-opted and now....SEQ?

Stay tuned!

Necro23

fee
01-15-2003, 08:15 AM
crazy shit man, crazy shit...

quackrabbit
01-15-2003, 08:17 AM
If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Necro23
01-15-2003, 08:20 AM
Sorry to reply to my own post, but here is the exact message, relevant to the thread:

*** Announcing The Legacy of Ykesha ***

The Legacy of Ykesha will be the first download-only extension for EverQuest. This product will not be available in stores. This extension will include some great new gameplay features, as well as new zones for characters ranging from level 35 up to level 60.

Legacy of Ykesha Features include:

A new playable race: Frogloks
Enhanced Looking For Group Tool
New Cartography System
New Magic Item slot: Charms
Armor Dyes
Dozens of new creatures
Expanded bank capacity
New zones
New spells

For more information, please visit www.legacyofykesha.com

Necro23

domesticbeer
01-15-2003, 09:31 AM
What is humorous is that if you go to the site it still has the To Be Announced on January 15th 2003 page up.

Mr. Suspicious
01-15-2003, 09:43 AM
Now, everyone please don't start yelling: "Everquest is ending! This'll be the last addition! Everquest is dead!" as you've did at the announcement of the previous 3 expantions.

Bob the builder
01-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Everquest is ending! This'll be the last addition! Everquest is dead

Akkkk, just heard a rumor that EQ is dying now ((

BlueAdept
01-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Im sorry to say but...Everquest is ending! This'll be the last addition! Everquest is dead!

Heed my words. Ebay your accounts now before it is too late.

JK

fgay trader
01-15-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by BlueAdept
...Ebay your accounts now before it is too late.

Hmm... I thought eBay was ending too. :p

BOrg
01-16-2003, 10:41 AM
It's guess that most of this new expansion is designed around test-beding ideas for EQ2. The real differences between this expansion and previous expansions is that it is download only. This is just house cleaning. Kind of a "What do we have sitting around that we can lump into an expansion and see if people will not only download it but we can make some extra cash too" deal.

LordCrush
01-16-2003, 05:06 PM
/disagree BOrg

i like the idea of download only expansions - for me there is no difference between download and CD-purchase ... execept that those CD´s are not availble in europe at the same time that they are in US ... it was rather expensive to get the POP expansion before the official release in europe...

EQ I lives /* Flame on */ :p

edit typos ...

oops
01-17-2003, 11:52 AM
Downloadable expansions are great, but I noticed one thing about downloadable ONLY. You can not get it without a credit card. No more, buy the box, buy the game card, play anonymous. This expansion will uncover many new market details.

LordCrush
01-17-2003, 04:18 PM
You cannot buy the anonymous cards in Europe anyway :/

BlueAdept
01-17-2003, 06:01 PM
I guess they broke down. You can also get the new expansion on cd.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=233050

Amadeus
01-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Notice that the box says "EB Games" at the bottom.

Sony is probably making extra money by allowing 3rd party vendors to create and distribute the CDs in the same way that many people making money creating and distributing free Linux distributions on CD ;)

Monchichi
01-26-2003, 10:17 PM
Note that the box has words underneath it that say "for illustration only"? :)