PDA

View Full Version : Lootlog Revisited

Poncho
01-17-2003, 12:26 PM
An idea that was massaged sometime back with some new thoughts.

I am in the process of learning the programming myself, so I am asking those of you with the knowledge the feasibility of this addition.

I am looking at implementing a loot table into SEQ. From recent threads we know that the loot data is only sent to the "looter". I am looking for a way to capture this data into the same format as our spawnlog.txt file. This data would include Zone, Mob name, loot and change (if possible).

From this, a "Loot Data" box may be implemented with sortable output: Zone, Mob Names, Known Loot Dropped - etc. Example:
Zone Mob Name Known loot Change Dropped
Charasis A_BILE_GOLEM Mucilanous Girdle 5p 7g 9s 3c

We can then do a number of things: Compare strings with each known mob and make compilations for each mob that is "learned":
Number of MOB_NAME killed: Compilation list of known Loot: Avg Change dropped: Ratios: (3 of 9 MOB_NAME dropped xyz loot), and the list can go on.

This wouldnt be too much different than the combat window for instance. I know the programming is almost almost already there.

Problems with this would/will exist such as having too small of a loot table to start from to be usefull. Why not compile this data from other SEQ users? As far as I know, there is no longer a trivial loot code, and all servers in theory have the same loot/drop algorythms (except maybe Legends). We have been able to compile a spawnlog list, why not do something like this?

Unfortunately, I am not at a level to where I can code something like this :mad: But I also know (or at least think in theory) that this would be trivial to some of you out there given the time.

Any other thoughts about the feasibility of doing something like this?

~Poncho

high_jeeves
01-17-2003, 01:10 PM
There are a number of problems with doing anything beyond the simple version (Mob A drops item B).. trying to get intro ratios and such isnt realistic. People place items on mobs, people loot mobs after somebody else has already looted them, etc. The ratios could never even be remotely accurate except under extremely controlled conditions. I think the reason it has never been done before is that sites like allakhazam already have a pretty reasonable compilation of that information.

--Jeeves

Poncho
01-17-2003, 01:23 PM
This is pretty slick as well:

http://lucy.fnord.net/

Be really neat to have MOB_NAMES and ZONE_NAME tagged onto that data.

Good point about looting after and giving item to mobs etc...didnt really occure to me. Then again, I guess we dont need 99.999991% accuracy either.

Can probably see pretty easily if A_GOBLIN_WHELP dropped DONALS_BREASTPLATE and 86 that from the main Lootlog.txt. I mean the spawnlog.txt gets rather f'd up at times too. Still be rather cool to see something like: A_CORRUPTED_ELYSIAN_ELDER has been slain 238 times --> Logged loot = 84 Elysian Death Shawl / 144 Death Mask / 10 Free night at the Playboy Mansion certificates. Err something like that.....

datadog
01-17-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by high_jeeves
People place items on mobs

I thought they nerfed the ability to hand an NPC an item they are not expecting..

Im not disagreeing with you tho.. Its pretty unrealistic to gather enough accurate info on drop ratios for it to be useful.

Go read the rangers glade on the Shattered Emerald of Corruption drop. Based on what people post there, some get it after only one or two tries... Others have been on literally hundreds of Hate raids and never even seen the stone drop.

Mr. Suspicious
01-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Go read the rangers glade on the Shattered Emerald of Corruption drop. Based on what people post there, some get it after only one or two tries... Others have been on literally hundreds of Hate raids and never even seen the stone drop.

Yup, and basing on what type of the two you are, you could get a 100% droprate or a 0.5% droprate (on average)