PDA

View Full Version : No Mob showing up,what have i done?

Dark
01-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Hi all,

“Puts on flame retardant suit” (I have searched and read the FAQ’s)

I use to use showeq a couple of years ago and have now come back to EQ.

I’m new to Linux and not really sure what I’m doing, but I’m good at following directions.
I have installed Red Hat 8, installed showEQ 4.3.4 and it runs fine.
It Give me GPS, and loads maps when I zone and sometime displayed my char in the mob window. I have the latest offset (0x007ba178), which I put in the Decoder\input session key (manually). I have the latest libeq.a and have checked the crc. I’m using the qt 3.0.5 that comes with RH8.

My problem is that I’m not getting any mob info. They are all unknown (grey) in the mob list and they are not even showing up on the map at all. If I con something they will show up on the map but still nothing in the spawn window.
Also when I zone the Key (in the network diagnostic’s) changes to fffffff. In this window the decoded packets are 0.

I am not using a key sniffer.. Should I be? I am going to install keyring.

Any help, flames, etc would be helpful

baelang
01-17-2003, 05:30 PM
The offset is information that the keysniffer needs, you do not put it into showeq.

yes, you need some form of keysniffer if you want more than you have right now (gps and unknown spawns)

Dark
01-17-2003, 06:26 PM
Thanks Baelang,

All working as it should. After using keyring I still wasn’t getting anything but didn’t realize I had to zone. After my 1st zoning all is well :)

BTW Showeq is working on Red Hat 8 out of the box.

Thanks again
Dark

ScoobySnaCk
01-18-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey I am having this same issue however I dunno "keyring" on redhat..is that part of another package..just trying to install one..

Dark
01-18-2003, 08:39 PM
Keyring is a sniffer that runs on you win machine and send info to the showeq machine.

I followed the instruction on the keyring site without any porblems.

You can compile it yourself which is safer but there is a compiled version around.

ScoobySnaCk
01-19-2003, 10:52 AM
ah cool thanks..got it up and running no problemo now. RH8 also out of the box..it rox. I used to use seq a long time ago and I never remembered using the key sniffer on the game machine..guess its a bit of tom-foolery

Dark
01-19-2003, 12:25 PM
yup i used it about 2 years ago on RH7.something. there was no sniffer used then. all in the program, but everytime there was a patch, it could take days to crack it. Looks like they found a much better way. Although it does increase the chance of being banned.

sauron
01-20-2003, 01:34 AM
Actually, not that this thread needs to continue after this (try lots of SEARCH), but you guys missed all the fun. Sony encrypted the data packets with "unbreakable" encryption (unlike before) which is why a sniffer is required now. The sniffer gets the decryption key from EQ's memory space, and sends the 8-byte key to ShowEQ via UDP packet. Before ShowEQ decrypted the key itself after watching several new spawns appear in the zone. Ironically, ShowEQ decodes faster and better than ever!

But now there is a risk of being banned for running the sniffer, if they somehow detect it running... Again, SEARCH for issues here, especially in the "Sniffer" forum.