PDA

View Full Version : ShowEQ 4.3.5 install error

Tardiss
01-18-2003, 01:13 AM
I downloaded and was installing the newest ShowEQ and keep getting this error when I try to `make` . Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm using a canned version of Redhat v8

g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/temp/qt/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -DMAPDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -DLOGDIR=\"/usr/local/share/showeq\" -I/usr/include/pcap -D_REENTRANT -O2 -Wall -g -ggdb -DDEBUG -finline-functions -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT=1 -DDISPLAY_ICONS=false -DICON_DIR=\"/eq-icons/\" -c -o xmlconv.o `test -f 'xmlconv.cpp' || echo './'`xmlconv.cpp
In file included from xmlconv.cpp:25:
xmlconv.h:24: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.h:25: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.h:26: type specifier omitted for parameter `QDomElement'
xmlconv.h:26: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.h:30: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.h:31: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.h:33: `QDomElement' was not declared in this scope
xmlconv.h:33: `e' was not declared in this scope
xmlconv.h:33: invalid data member initialization
xmlconv.h:33: (use `=' to initialize static data members)
xmlconv.h:33: variable or field `clearAttributes' declared void
xmlconv.h:36: syntax error before `&' token
xmlconv.cpp:28: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.cpp:33: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.cpp: In member function `bool DomConvenience::elementToVariant(...)':
xmlconv.cpp:38: `e' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp:38: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
function it appears in.)
xmlconv.cpp:42: `v' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp:212: `QDomNodeList' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp:212: parse error before `=' token
xmlconv.cpp:214: `QDomElement' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp:214: parse error before `;' token
xmlconv.cpp:216: `stringNodeList' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp:218: `stringElement' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp: At global scope:
xmlconv.cpp:250: type specifier omitted for parameter `QDomElement'
xmlconv.cpp:250: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.cpp: In member function `bool DomConvenience::variantToElement(...)':
xmlconv.cpp:254: `this->DomConvenience::clearAttributes' cannot be used as a
function
xmlconv.cpp:351: `QDomNode' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp:351: parse error before `;' token
xmlconv.cpp:353: `QDomElement' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp:362: `stringElem' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp:382: `m_doc' undeclared (first use this function)
xmlconv.cpp: At global scope:
xmlconv.cpp:432: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.cpp:446: parse error before `&' token
xmlconv.cpp:490: variable or field `clearAttributes' declared void
xmlconv.cpp:490: `int DomConvenience::clearAttributes' is not a static member
of `class DomConvenience'
xmlconv.cpp:490: syntax error before `{' token
xmlconv.cpp:492: 'QDomNode' is used as a type, but is not defined as a type.
xmlconv.cpp:494: parse error before `for'
xmlconv.cpp:494: syntax error before `>' token
make[3]: *** [xmlconv.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/seq/showeq'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Dark
01-18-2003, 02:50 PM
I am real new to Linux so cant tell you what your error is, but from my experience this might help. When I 1st installed I got a similar error.
So before installing 4.3.5 I deleted all the files in showeq dir then unpacked the 4.3.5 into the showeq dir.

I then made a couple of changes to the next step
cd /seq/showeq/
export CC=gcc < --- note no 3
export CXX=g++ < --- note no 3
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt-3.0.5
make –f Makefile.dist
./configure && make && make install

I did a full install of RH8 and am using the qt that came with it.
This got it to the point of having a GPS and map and after I was told I needed a sniffer all is working.
Oh one foolish mistake I made, make sure you are in a hub and not a switch. Took me a day to figure this out. (Had forgot that i installed a switch about 4 mths ago)

Tardiss
01-19-2003, 02:44 AM
My problem was that I tried to upgrade my QT 3.0.5 to 3.0.6 and it had an error and I never fixed it so ShowEQ kept trying to use the 3.0.6 version on QT which was never fully installed.

ShowEQ 4.3.5 is working fine but I only get GPS and loc out of it .. I still dont have any mobs that show up aside from the Unknown mobs in my mob list but nothing on the map. :(

Cheers

Cryonic
01-19-2003, 02:56 AM
Two things:

1) Right-click on the map
Show->Unknown

2) Main page, Second Forum down. Read and Educate yourself :).

Sorry, Third forum down (Key Sniffer).

Dark
01-19-2003, 12:27 PM
Tardiss, I guess you are using the sniffer on the win machine?

Tardiss
01-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Show Unknown spawn does make the grey dots show up but still doesn't tell me what they are. The 2nd forum (Soapbox) is a waste and has no relevant info to my problem.

Yes the sniffer (Keyring v2.2) is running on my WinXP using the newest offset and sending to a port higher than 10000 on my Linux box.

Cheers,

Dedpoet
01-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Did you set ShowEQ to receive on the same port you are sending? Did you do a tcpdump on the ShowEQ box to verify that the key is being sent? Are you positive you have the correct IP address of your ShowEQ box in your sniffer configuration?

Tardiss
01-20-2003, 12:15 AM
I did a tcpdump and watched it as i zoned several times and I didn't see anything that referenced the port # I am using on the linux box. I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking for but the only thing I'm seeing arp msg's from my isp gateway and some from eqstudioz. Nothing that mentions Keyring or showeq or going to the port I'm using.

My WindowsXP. that has an internet ip[, is using Keyring 2.2 to send the key to my linux box, which is on my internal network - 192.168.0.xxx ip. Both use the same HUB.

Cheers,

Mr. Suspicious
01-20-2003, 03:53 AM
You do not have keyring setup correctly, or one of the other things that people had that reported the same thing you describe. Use the search to find more details.

Tardiss
01-20-2003, 01:11 PM
Can't be Keyring setup wrong. Kinda hard to not set it up correctly.

KEYRING.INI
[Client]
ProgramName=eqgame
SessionKeyLocation=0x007ba178
SendInterval=60

[ShowEQ]
IP=192.168.0.2 <--- example
Port=10000 <-- example

Not sure how I can get this setup wrong. It sits in my taskbar and makes the keys and sends them. Keyring is on my C-Drive and EQ is on my D-Drive but that shouldn't make a difference. I can ping my Linux PC with no problem and I have:

/etc/services setup like this for the keyring:

eq 10000/tcp
eq 10000/udp

My windows computer has no firewall setup so I have no idea why I keep getting Unknown spawns and them not showing up. I've reinstalled Redhat v8 2 times and have the same results. Only thing different I did with my 2nd install was I put on QT 3.0.6. I also didn't put in the changes for GCC and G++ to be GCC3 and G++3 since the `make install` couldn't find G++3 or GCC3.

Cheers

Cryonic
01-20-2003, 03:11 PM
Why are you adding the ports to /etc/services? that doesn't tell SEQ where to look, that just tells Linux what traffic on those ports is.

Tardiss
01-21-2003, 06:30 PM
For some reason it was working for a few hours until Windows Messenger popped up and I had to restart EQ and now its back to showing unknown mobs. I do see when I zone this:

EQPacket::dispatchZoneData():CharProfileCode:Not Decoded

I presume this is why I don't get any mobs showing up. Any ideas on how to fix it? I use Keyring under command prompt:

c:\keyring\keyring -a 192.168.111.11 -p 22522

And i still get the same thing :(

Cheers

Tardiss
01-21-2003, 09:01 PM
I've checked several places on the net and can't seems to find GCC3 and G++3 rpm's. I notice that my Redhat v8 is only using gcc. I found gcc3 rpm but no luck finding g++3.

Cheers

Cryonic
01-21-2003, 09:41 PM
do gcc --version

RH8 is using version 3.2 which is definitely greater than 3.0, so you're all set.

After making changes to SEQ's configs do a File->Save Preferences.

Tardiss
01-22-2003, 12:39 PM
Ok, but I never changed GCC to GCC3 or G++ to G++3 or whatever when I installed QT and ShowEQ. I just used the default gcc that Redhat 8 came with. Would that make a difference?

When you say to SAVE after doing the ShowEQ configs do you mean when I input the port # only right? Thats the only thing I am doing since when I start ShowEQ I tell it the IP to look for in the command line.

Cheers

AlphaBeta
01-22-2003, 12:46 PM
the gcc and g++ that come with RH8 work fine. what I think Cryonic is asking you is if you updated the UDP port for the key to be sent to and did you save the SEQ config after doing that? I.E. do you have a blank UDP port on the SEQ side of things?

datadog
01-22-2003, 12:59 PM
On the "Decoder" menu, click 'Key Port', and enter the port you are sending the key to.

Click Files/Save Preferences

you dont need them in your /etc/services

Tardiss
01-22-2003, 11:03 PM
Thats what I thought and that is what I did. I still get this error:

EQPacket::dispatchZoneData():CharProfileCode:Not Decoded
even after getting the new CVS and it installed fine. I ran tcpdump -X dst <eq machine ip> and I don't see any referrence to the keyring or the port i am using or anything coming from my eq machine. I have tried about every variable when running Keyring v2.2 and still nothing. I can ping the linux computer from my windows pc and vice-versa. any ideas?

Cheers