PDA

View Full Version : foolish noob compatiblity question

athiex
01-18-2003, 04:03 AM
As a complete linux newbie, I expect little but flames from this post. I just installed YD2.3 on my Ibook, and am trying to setup seq...

I updated gcc to 3.2.1 before attempting to configure and make qt-x11-free-3.1.1

after running the config command ./configure -thread --prefix=/opt/qt-x11-free-3.1.1
it fails to config and supplies the following errors:
gmake[1]: g++3: Command not found
gmake[1]: *** [project.o] Error 127
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/usr/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/qmake'
gmake: *** [uqmake] Error 2
qmake failed to build. Aborting.

yada yada... anyhow, my question to the guru's is ... have I done something wrong in the configuration? or maybe due to .ppc as opposed to .x86 architecture?

Thanks

fryfrog
01-18-2003, 08:52 AM
type "gcc" then the hit the tab key a few times. you just need to figure out the name of your gcc3. it could be just "gcc" or "gcc-3.2" or "gcc-3.2.1" or "gcc3" (though i think your post rules out that one). if all you have is "gcc" do a "gcc -v" and see what version it is. if you only have one, it probably IS gcc-3.x.x. of course, all this is in the faq i believe.

Cryonic
01-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Just a warning, but SEQ may not work right on an Ibook, or any other Apple hardware due to Endianess. Intel (and AMD) are little Endian systems, Macs, Suns, Alphas, etc... are Big Endian systems.

high_jeeves
01-18-2003, 02:05 PM
It definitely wont work, since libEQ.a is x86 assembly.

--Jeeves