PDA

View Full Version : qt-3.1.1

gnome01
01-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Ok i have tried everything, searched for everything. here is what the problem is.

I downloaded and compiled qt, made sure qmake.conf had all the right gcc and g++ edits.

I made sure to add the line in my /etc/ld.so.conf.

I did all the right exports before attempting to compile showeq.

I still get this same error:

>>Found version.: 3.1.1
>>>Headers....... :/opt/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/include/
>>>>Libraries.....:/opt/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/lib
configure:error: Something wicked happened while trying to validate your Qt installation!! Please verify your libraries...

I'm using mandrake 8.2. Is anyone else having these same problems? I tried deleting qt/recompiling and doing all the steps over again with no luck.

gnome01
01-18-2003, 05:05 PM
how many lines and which ones am I supposed to have in my ld.so.conf, I only have the 1 line - /opt/qt-x11-free-3.1.1/lib.

May be a problem /shrug. thanks in advance

UncleBen
01-18-2003, 08:07 PM
did you configure with thread option? ie. ./configure -thread

hmm, try that or run a search for 'Something Wicked' and read the buko of topics on it already

gnome01
01-18-2003, 09:18 PM
yes i configured with -thread, i read just about everything i could find and tried it all, probably going to reinstall linux that always works i guess lol

cavemanbob
01-19-2003, 09:55 PM
Just edit the offending line in configure from the error message & exit to have_qt = "yes"; and add the library path to the Makefile. I've had this problem for ages and never had a problem doing this.

AlphaBeta
01-20-2003, 09:01 AM
I downloaded and compiled qt, made sure qmake.conf had all the right gcc and g++ edits.

Did you change them to gcc3 and g++3 if so thats your problem remove the 3's. The help file is writen for readhat 7.x not 8.x