PDA

View Full Version : $#&@ing QT bombs on compile

RavenCT
01-20-2003, 08:01 PM
I know, I know, get the error message, I'll have to do that and append it to this message in a little bit, I need to put that box back together...

On RH 7.2

Anyway, I got 3.1.1 and sucesfully extracted it, edited the qmake.conf (changed lines 12, 27, 47 annd 48), did the "export" dance and made all those changes, did a:

./configure -thread --prefix=/usr/lib/qt-x11-free-3.1.1

which succedded just fine, then did a:

gmake

which also completed just fine, and finally did a:

gmake install

which bombed... #$&#*$ Like I said, I'll get the error message in a little bit, but has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

sea4th
01-20-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by RavenCT
I know, I know, get the error message, ..... deleted stuffs....

gmake install

which bombed... #$&#*$ Like I said, I'll get the error message in a little bit, but has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

I had a problem with RH7.2 just like you described. To see this do a search for 3.1.1 error and you should get some useful info to compare with. I went back and am using 3.0.5 so I will be watching and waiting. BTW my compile of 3.1.1 took more than 15 hrs and then bombed with the gmake install...

Good luck!

RavenCT
01-20-2003, 09:55 PM
I was going to try a previous version, I just hadden't gotten to that yet...

He he he, just for fun, if anyone wants some serous boredom, I was installing this originally on a Pentium 166 with only 32 MB of RAM... I can do it, but after 72 hours of compiling time (seriously, three days non stop) I stopped it and popped the drive into my P4... I'll try the previous version! Thanks...

Poncho
01-21-2003, 06:08 PM
I've had this happen several times with RedHat. Just download and compile SEQ, everything works just fine without the gmake install. It took me about 8-10 times of redoing everything to realize this. Hope this saves you some time~

Poncho

<edit> Why wait 72 hours for a compile, when it takes you 5 mins to plug the hard-drive into your main box? just a thought)