PDA

View Full Version : "Trap"

Tristum
01-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Hey guys,

Just a simple question:

I was playing in Steamfront the other day. I noticed on SEQ that a pink dot was following me around. So I clicked on it, and it was a level 1 invisible warrior NPC and it's deity was listed as "Trap". Everywhere I went it was moving right with me, like I was a magnet. Then after about 2 mins, it went away.

I noticed later that it appeared again, once on me again and once on some other people in the zone. I only saw it up in the north east area of the zone. By the MH cave.

I had never seen it before, nor read about it anywhere here, so I wanted to see if anyone else had seen this, or if they knew what it was.

Thanks for your time.

Mr. Suspicious
01-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Covered in lenghty detail already, please use the search to find the topics.

l0s3r
01-21-2003, 12:36 PM
i know search is there... but if you don't have something to add to the thread why even bother posting "use search"...

are you just after an inflated number of posts stat? (not specifically you, but all the search nazis)

Look me up, i post very infrequently, i do use search, i read these every day, and have been around forever. and i don't remember many posts relating specifically to traps following you around.

Yes it happens, yes its pretty common in some zones.

Cryonic
01-21-2003, 01:43 PM
http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1723&highlight=follow+trap

Catt
01-23-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by l0s3r
i know search is there... but if you don't have something to add to the thread why even bother posting "use search"...

are you just after an inflated number of posts stat? (not specifically you, but all the search nazis)

Look me up, i post very infrequently, i do use search, i read these every day, and have been around forever. and i don't remember many posts relating specifically to traps following you around.

Yes it happens, yes its pretty common in some zones.

From the main page of the forums:

Read this before asking any questions. Then use use this. After you have read and used both options, then and ONLY then should you ask your question. If your question is answered in either of those two locations, EXPECT TO BE FLAMED for being too stupid to read. You have been warned.

Now, that being said, that's the way it is, Mr S. is correct.

Tristum
01-23-2003, 09:31 AM
Forgive me guys, I deserved that. Will do better research next time.

sea4th
01-25-2003, 01:49 PM
I enjoyed the discussion about the moving traps and had not heard of them before. So there is some benefit from having these posts to the newer folks - if you don't have a question it is hard to search for an answer.