PDA

View Full Version : Off topic a little seeking answers

Devestator
01-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Hi, I dont know if anyone will be willing to help me with my project and I may get flamed by some here but I'm at a dead end alone and figured I would ask and see what comes up. Its a little related to showeq but then again it isn't, but yall are a group of fantastic programmers and if anyone could answer my questions yall could.

I'm working on a utility program for everquest. This is meant to be a windows based program because of what it does. I dont really wanna give any specifics on what it will do right now because .. well I dont want anyone stealing my idea basically hehe. But I can assure you it is not a windows version of show eq or anything like it. But due to the function of the program it has to run on the same windows machine as eq.

Now what I'm looking for.. is there anyway to get current hps / mana / target information (Just the name of the person targeted, maybe their hp % to)? I've looked at XML but I can't figure out anyway to convert the EQTypes and write them to a file. I dont need exact values only percentages will work fine.

I know show eq gets all this stuff by decrypting the packets and stuff, and I'm pretty sure the code for doing this is in the libEQ file wich yall dont want to release to keep windows versions of show eq out. So thats why I'm a little etchy about asking yall this. I'm hoping though maybe yall could tell me a way to get this information that I want out of the XML.

Anyway if you want to flame me be gentle please, I mean no harm I come in peace hehe ;)

Ratt
01-22-2003, 02:31 PM
Four paragraphs and one sentence later...

The answer to your question is "yes."

Devestator
01-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Ok sorry lol maybe I should rephrase that a little. I know there is a way to do it lol. Is there a way that yall would tell me or give me tips on how to do it?

quackrabbit
01-22-2003, 03:39 PM
If this is going to run on the same box as EQ, you may want to bug the folks over at macroquest or magelo - both of those applications deal directly with EQ's memory space.

Have fun!

QR

Mr. Suspicious
01-23-2003, 09:55 AM
If this is going to run on the same box as EQ, you may want to bug the folks over at macroquest or magelo - both of those applications deal directly with EQ's memory space.

Have fun!

Or simply look at the keysniffer sources: They can pull a key from memory, so with them you should be able to pull anything from memory as long as you know where that specific data "lives".

Devestator
01-23-2003, 11:23 AM
So if I do that I would need to use the offset yall put up each time they change it right? I read in another post not to use the offset finder for something they did to try and catch people using showeq, why I'm curious bout that.

Wish there was a way to do it without going into memory or anything like that hehe.. I was hoping there was a way with xml or something to trick it into putting the eqtype value into a textbox or something then writing the text box value to a file hehe. But I dont know anything about XML accept how to fix my ui when they break it ;)

high_jeeves
01-23-2003, 12:37 PM
XML is just a data representation format, NOT a programming language (although, you could write an interpreter for a particular XML schema, making that XML schema a programming language.. HTML is an example of this). The particular schema that SOE designed for their UI has no programming/scripting capabilities. All it can do is draw data to the screen, not write files, sniff memory, etc... It does ONLY what they program their app to have it do.

--Jeeves

S_B_R
01-23-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Devestator
So if I do that I would need to use the offset yall put up each time they change it right? I read in another post not to use the offset finder for something they did to try and catch people using showeq, why I'm curious bout that.

You would need to find your own offset for the data you are trying to extract. *Our* offset "extracts" the data we are looking for, namely the decryption key.