PDA

View Full Version : SEQ not decoding packets?

ConfusedCleric
01-22-2003, 06:46 PM
Ok, I'm confused now.

I've been trying for 2 days to get the new SEQ running. I have fresh install of RH8.0 and ShowEQ compiled just fine.

I have the lastest libEQ.a (at least according to the MD5SUM on the top of the forum).

My keysniffer is sending (and SEQ is finding) the decryption key, but NO data is being displayed in any of the spawn windows or maps, even with "Display unknown data" checked. No "unknown packets" are being logged.

The packets from the EQ client ARE getting to the linux box (made sure with tcpdump -X dst <EQ client ip>), but SEQ isn't using them. I have tried auto detecting the client address, using the client's IP, using the cleint's MAC addr, and both the IP and MAC.

Any thoughts?

ConfusedCleric
01-22-2003, 07:28 PM
Seems SEQ will read packets WHILE tcpdump (tcpdump -X dst <EQ client ip>) is running in another vertual terminal but freezes if I close the tcpdump.

I even more confused now.

baelang
01-22-2003, 08:21 PM
you sure you are running it as root?

ConfusedCleric
01-23-2003, 05:19 PM
You can only run it as root. I don't run it directly as root, but I log in, su root, then run it.

compuboy86
01-26-2003, 04:09 PM
I have a similar problem...SEQ can sometimes display my level, character, stats, etc and my location on the map as well as changing the maps when I zone- however, the mobs never decode. I am using Baelang's v2.2 and I get the following error:

ReadProcessMemory on 8 bytes at 0x0078bcb8 failed: 5

I complied the program with cygwin and triple-checked the ini file. Hope this might shed some light on the problem in this thread (as well as fix my own :) Take care.

Compuboy86

Cryonic
01-26-2003, 05:19 PM
The current memory offset is 0x0078bcb8 as of 6 Dec 02 (If there has been a patch since this date, it may not be accurate or updated yet)

Notice when the key was last updated on the main page? Yeah, there have been quite a few patches to eqgame.exe since that date. Guess what, that isn't current (just like it warns in the parentheses).

compuboy86
01-26-2003, 05:28 PM
Obviously people have been using a sniffer since then, so what is the new offset?? From all the places I've checked the "current" offset is the one posted on the home page.

Compuboy86

Cryonic
01-26-2003, 05:37 PM
Try reading the appropriate forum. The answer is, not surprisingly, in the first page of posts.

compuboy86
01-26-2003, 07:03 PM
First, let me apologize...I guess when I was skimming the posts I completely overlooked it. That being said, I fixed the offset and according to the sniffer- the sniffer is reading the key from the memory, however, on the seq side of things, nothing has changed- no decode on the packets. The IP addys and ports are correct, but still nothing. You've been extremely helpful and I again apologize for overlooking that post.

Compuboy86

kmaszk
01-26-2003, 09:03 PM
you have tried zoneing a couple fe times and waiting like 1 min in each zone too?

compuboy86
01-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Yeah, since I have been using my high level I go between BB/Gfay/CB (to avoid any deaths) and then sit for 10 minutes in each zone. GPS on SEQ works perfectly but no decode. I want to try Maggotboy's sniffer but I need to get Visual C++ to compile.

Compuboy86

baelang
01-27-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by compuboy86
I am using Baelang's v2.2 and I get the following error:

ReadProcessMemory on 8 bytes at 0x0078bcb8 failed: 5

that error means one of two things:
1) that you didn't have permission to read the memory location be sure to run keyring and EQ as the same user. admin privledges if using XP.

or

2) you left keyring running and exited EQ. it is still attached to a process that no longer exists, it is trying to read memory space that has already been cleaned up. this is actually changed in version 2.3 so that it re-reads the config file and waits for the next eqgame.exe to read. however, i haven't released 2.3 yet.

try running keyring in verbose mode, start up EQ and zone back and forth a few times. (no need to wait much longer than 2 minutes or so in each zone, depending on your value of SendKeyInterval) then alt-enter or whatever to see the output of keyring while EQ is still running.

anyway, the output of verbose mode should tell you exactly what is going on (with keyring)

compuboy86
01-27-2003, 08:22 PM
You're right, I did leave it open (before ctrl-c) a little too long. However, that still doesn't solve my problem of my Linux box not decoding the packets. No problem seeing them, just no important information.

Compuboy86

P.S. Any questions- I'll be happy to answer them in hopes of getting this to work!

baelang
01-27-2003, 08:26 PM
run keyring in verbose mode and tell us what it says.

compuboy86
01-27-2003, 11:11 PM
Its the damndest thing!! I left eq on for a couple hours by mistake when I had to leave for a meeting and my little sister started messing with my chars. Apparently SEQ didn't work when I switched between 2 chars and 4 different zones but it DOES work when I switch (or my sister in this case) switches with 3 diff chars!?!?! Well go figure- I guess the sniffer just need more variety than I was givinig it...thanks for your guys' help!

Compuboy86

baelang
01-28-2003, 04:39 AM
what do you mean by "switches 3 diff chars"?

compuboy86
02-02-2003, 07:55 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting- went skiing :) Anyways- SEQ (before the patch obviously) did not work when I played my main then switched to my alt1. Thats what I meant by switching between two different characters. When my sister got on she switched (logged on, camped to char select screen, logged on, etc) between 3 different characters. That did it!!!! Crazyiest thing....sucks now because I can't check what was/wasn't working since the patch royally screwed things up. Just to give a shout out to the devs- keep up the good work!!! I am only a 2nd year C++ student but working with compression (just a tiny bit) is a bitch and a half. Stock up on the cup-of-noodles and cokes :)

Compuboy86

sequsr0010
02-03-2003, 04:48 AM
So let me get this straight, SEQ is working for you and it shows the mobs too, after the dreaded 28th (worst patch ever IMO)?

EnvyEyes
02-03-2003, 10:07 AM
....sucks now because I can't check what was/wasn't working since the patch royally screwed things up.

Appears to me that he's in the same boat as everyone else. Considering the addition of OPCode encryption, I don't think it's possible for SEQ to see anything. I'd eat my shorts if his was still working... =~)

/misses his Skittles

compuboy86
02-03-2003, 05:42 PM
Well I'd love to hand you your shorts Envy- but alas, I am stuck using my dusty printed maps along with everyone else. I got to taste the fruit of SEQ for a single time *drools*. Crossing my fingers that the devs can break SOE's new ploy.

Compuboy86