PDA

View Full Version : Problems With QT Libary

ChaosU
01-23-2003, 04:35 PM
I like to know what i do wrong i have been looking for something like my problem in the forum but i cant seem to find any, so i post this so please dont flame me if i have missed it.
The Problem is it comes with this Message when i type ./configure
>> Found version.: 2.3.2
>>> Headers......: /usr/local/qt/include/
>>>> Libraries...: Unable to locate?!?
configure: error: Please verify your Qt lib install!
I have just taken the last few lines so it dont fill like 3 A4 pages.
I realy hope you can help me with this Probolem since i realy like to check your cool Utility out.
CU

Cryonic
01-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Read the INSTALL.newbies file that came with SEQ.

ChaosU
01-24-2003, 02:59 AM
Thanx for the Reply.
I have done allmost what it says there but i can follow it 100% since i use Debian and i have compiled the Qt.2.3.2 my self so i could get it to work since i was told libqt3 was compiled with gcc2.95 or something like that... but i still get this message so can you please tell me what i sould do without telling me to start over and install RedHat?
CU

ChaosU
01-24-2003, 09:51 AM
After i have compiled the new Qt 3.1 and now it comes with this message?
configure: error: Something wicked happened while trying to validate your Qt installation!!! Please verify your libraries...
Im very confused what there can be wrong?? its compiled with gcc3.0 and as can see it should be enough with gcc3x so there must be a wrong perrameter somewhere?
CU

Dedpoet
01-24-2003, 09:59 AM
Is the configure script finding your new QT version?

Do a search on your exact error. There are a few threads with the answer in it.

Hint:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2690&highlight=something+wicked+happened

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2194&highlight=something+wicked+happened

snoopman41
03-11-2003, 03:44 AM
Juste made a fresh mandrake 9 install, downloaded last seq from cvs.
I have a problem with configure and QT.

>> Found version.: 3.1.1
>>> Headers......: /usr/local/qt311/include/
>>>> Libraries...: Unable to locate?!?
configure: error: Please verify your Qt lib install!

qt free 3.1.1 was compiled with thread option (-thread) and prefix /usr/local/qt311

QTDIR environment variable is set
/etc/ld.so.conf is configured
LD_LIBRARY_PATH contains /usr/local/qt311/lib

./configure in showeq fails (unable to locate)
./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/local/qt311 fails also

i just put some traces on the configure section looking for qt lib,
and i saw that the lib file searched by configure are in the following pattern
libqt-mt.so.0X301 ??? :confused:
i have tons of libqt-mt.so.3 or the like, but no lib ending with 0X301 !!!

EDIT:
modified configure to use qt_version_string instead of qt_version_number while checking libs and now it works.

Surak
03-11-2003, 12:51 PM
I had the same error so instead of being a prick like so many others, I'll just state what fixed it for me, yes im a linux newbie, yes there are no doubt better ways to do it, yes many will respond after this trying to prove how cool they are by slamming me ... but im a nice guy and will help.

I had to set the environmental variable to point at the correct version of QT as it was pointing at the old 2.x.x version.

You'd think someone would have made the updates fix this but im sure it was just a small oversight.

Dedpoet
03-11-2003, 03:00 PM
I had to set the environmental variable to point at the correct version of QT as it was pointing at the old 2.x.x version.

You'd think someone would have made the updates fix this but im sure it was just a small oversight.

Surak, I'm not being a dick, but what "updates" are you talking about that should have "fixed" this? Every howto I have ever read and the FAQ all say to export your QT variable. The only time you don't have to is if QT3 is the only QT on your machine. If QT3 is the default, you don't have to export anything because it's already pointing at the right place. This is the case on Redhat 8, Mandrake 9, and any recent Gentoo distro, I am certain.

sakshale
05-20-2003, 12:18 PM
checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 2.3.2
>>> Headers......: /usr/local/qt/include/
>>>> Libraries...: /usr/local/qt/lib/
>>>>> NOTE.......: ShowEQ is designed for Qt 3.0.5+, please upgrade
>>>>>> Workable..: -*{ ??? }*-

LOL = all that work to building 2.3.2 with threads as required by the INSTALL
instructions.... only to find out that we really need 3.0.5!

Oh well, I need to hang out on the forums more. :)

Sakshale

sakshale
05-20-2003, 12:40 PM
$ rpm -qa | grep qt
qt-MySQL-3.0.5-17
qt-Xt-3.0.5-17
qt-devel-3.0.5-17
qt-3.0.5-17

yields....

checking for Qt... yes
>> Found version.: 3.0.5
>>> Headers......: /usr/lib/qt3/include/
>>>> Libraries...: /usr/lib/qt3/lib/
>>>>> Workable...: -*{ YES }*-
checking for Qt MOC... yes
checking if Qt compiles without flags... no

You need the devel libraries....

Sakshale

Dedpoet
05-20-2003, 01:43 PM
So, um, download the development libraries?

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=qt-devel&submit=Search+...&system=redhat&arch=

Mr. Suspicious
05-20-2003, 06:00 PM
LOL = all that work to building 2.3.2 with threads as required by the INSTALL
instructions.... only to find out that we really need 3.0.5!

The INSTALL.newbies file specifically states you need QT3+

Goladus
09-13-2003, 06:10 AM
Is the configure script finding your new QT version?

Do a search on your exact error. There are a few threads with the answer in it.

Hint:

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthre...wicked+happened

http://seq.sourceforge.net/showthre...wicked+happened404 x 2, awesome

The more times you refuse to answer a question, the harder it is for anyone to actually use search successfully. It's rather funny in a pathetic kind of way.

Dedpoet
09-13-2003, 07:22 AM
The more times you refuse to answer a question, the harder it is for anyone to actually use search successfully. It's rather funny in a pathetic kind of way.

Which question? The poster said they were getting the "something wicked" error. That is a well-documented error here on these boards. I told them to search for the error and provided a couple of links to some pre-made searches in case clicking the button and typing a few characters into the box was too much to handle. Of course, you wouldn't know that the reply was written when the board had a completely different layout and format, since you are new here. The fact remains that if you search on the "something wicked" error, you will find the answer to this problem.

Sorry that the 8 month old post you bumped out of nowhere didn't have the information you needed. I also appreciate your flaming me on your very first post to this board, though.

<3 Goladus

Edit: Removed link. That wasn't very nice of me.