PDA

View Full Version : Weird problem.

LoneGunner
01-26-2003, 10:27 PM
I've been useing seq for a while now and this issue came up after cvs was shut off and i compiled the zipped file. Everything works fine, map loads, mobs show up and all the information is correct. The only thing not working is the player location won't follow where i am. It shows where i zone in and even the direction i'm facing when i zone, but won't follow me.

I've searched to see if anyone else was having the same issue or if it was a problem being fixed but didnt find anything. Could someone point me in the right direction or explain what might be the problem?

Cryonic
01-27-2003, 12:17 AM
What's your Network Topology look like?

LoneGunner
01-27-2003, 09:34 AM
Running 2 PCs. I have a pc running eq on the same hub as my showeq box. Which is running on a virtual pc of linux 8 with a virtual switch turned on. Basicaly it has it's own IP and sees all the traffic on every pc. It tracks mobs and other players just not myself. Redownloaded and recompiled again last night and still no luck getting it to track my player.

Cryonic
01-27-2003, 02:07 PM
Sounds like it isn't seeing all the traffic, only the traffic coming to the client machine.

LoneGunner
01-27-2003, 02:17 PM
that could be it. I'll go in and see if there might be something along those lines and report back here.

Cryonic
01-27-2003, 03:04 PM
FYI: We don't support running SEQ in any form other than natively under Linux. We don't support VMware installs and from what it sounds like, you have SEQ running on an Apple inside a virtual PC environment.

LoneGunner
02-10-2003, 02:47 PM
got it working again, seems the hub im using isn't a true hub. Allows it to see all incoming no matter what the destination, but filters out all outgoing. More like a switch that doesn't filter incoming. And its redhat 8.0 running in a virtual pc environment. Runs slow but still usefull.

Cryonic
02-10-2003, 07:41 PM
You sure it is the switch/hub and not the fact that linux is running in a virtual environment?

darkgrue
02-10-2003, 08:12 PM
I've been running on RedHat 7.3 inside of VMWare 3.x (currently 3.2.0 Build 2230) on Windows XP in Bridged networking mode. I've not experienced any problems w.r.t. running it on VMWare.

Not that running inside of VMWare might not complicate things, but it isn't impossible. It's a completely default install, as far as I remeber...

Cryonic
02-10-2003, 08:24 PM
virtual PC and VMWare are two totally different programs.

bonkersbobcat
02-11-2003, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by Cryonic
virtual PC and VMWare are two totally different programs. If I remember correctly VMWare emulates your hardware, where Virtual PC emulates your operating system.