PDA

View Full Version : Lots of advice/help requested

greywar
01-27-2003, 06:20 PM
OK...maybe not lots...

RH 7.2 is mentioned as a good install-how about redhat 8?

i.e. Its going on a lower end P166 or so-would I be better off putting it on rh7.2 if I can find it-or is rh 8 ok?

While I've seen mention of RH 8.0 on higher end systems, and rh 7.2 on low ends like mine, I havent noticed anyone who went from 7.2-8 on a low end system. Any advice?

This is my first ever attempt at something other then windows stuff. I really appreciate all of the FAQ's and posts on here-it looks like this shouldn't be all that difficult really. I picked redhat simply because it was listed as more of a newbieish install. That works for me.

Tonight I pick up EQ for the first time as well. This should prove fun. [least getting redhat installed and then showEQ-dunno if I'll play EQ past the first month].

kmaszk
01-27-2003, 07:32 PM
First of all, If you never played everquest before, why would you even consider using seq? there actuly is no point to using seq unless your a decient level. Second of all if you don't have an account with everquest, how do you expect to know anything about everquest, let alone SEQ. and yes redhat 8.0 will work on your system

greywar
01-27-2003, 09:13 PM
I hate getting lost.

No...thats not accurate. I REALLY REALLY REALLY HATE getting lost.

JoeBloe
01-28-2003, 08:39 AM
Weird.

What makes you think you'll get lost? It's not that hard.

FuddRucker
01-28-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by JoeBloe
Weird.

What makes you think you'll get lost? It's not that hard.

Actually I enjoy getting lost in EQ, the first couple weeks of wandering around Freeport was a great experience for me. Gotta agree with everyone above, EQ isn't that hard.

Learn to crawl before you start paragliding. :D